New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone willing to share some white perch fishing spots for ice fishing. More info the better but just the name of a few lakes would be good. Haven't had a feed of those in years.Used to be a brook out around McAdam somewhere that had loads of them in the spring.

·
Registered
208 Posts
That brook still has a good run of white perch in May. I'd look at the lakes above the stream for ice fishing. Mostly Wauklehehagen as it has the best access. I've caught some real slabs in both lakes in the winter. Kind of strange as most of the perch caught in the summer are between 10 and 14 in. but through the ice many are over 17 in. and congregated in the lakes deep holes. Access is from the lakes boat landing at the end of Lake Ave. in McAdam. It's about half an hours walk to the first deep hole behind the first island.

·
Registered
315 Posts
i fish Wauklehehagen every summer for bass and pickerel may load the sled and try some ice fishing there this year!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Waukiehagen was froze over until yesterday. After the wind and rain I hear it's wide open again. Probably be awhile, according to the long range forecast, before it's safe to get on it. I'll let you know when it's safe.

·
Registered
315 Posts
A2F, there is about 28 feet of water right behind the first island and usually you can get perch, pickeral, and the odd cusk in the same spot, just set your lines at different depths.
Sako
Which lakes are open to ice fishing, modesly, first, spednic, any of those open ? As I said in a privious post I fish up there in the summer. A group of 8 of us have been going on a 4 day trip there every summer the last 8 -10 years now. We use to stay at the campground because we had it all to ourselves. This year there's lots of Seasonals there so we rented a camp on an island instead, so we didn't bother the Seasonals ! This summer we are renting the lodge ! I hav a snowmobile I can haul up , a icecube portable tent , some tipups , and jiffy auger, could make for a fun day trip! My best fishing buddy and I use to go up to north lake when Dan owned it. Maybe we should make a trip back to mcadam !! Hmmm have get some minnows though. Maybe some gulp minnows?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Spednic, First, Third, Modsley, Palfrey, Fifth and Sixth are all open for ice fishing. You should check the regs for this year but they were all open last year. Thomson, Fifth and Sixth all have good numbers of White Perch but aren't as accessable. Every lake I listed have tons of pickeral and they are a bit of a nuisance when you want Perch. Right in front of the provincial park is excellent on Spednic with good Perch fishing with the occasional Landlock salmon thrown in. It is international water on Spednic and the rules are a bit different so again I'd check the regs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts