New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering where some of the best places around to fish for Pickerel off of shore ( I do not own a canoe anymore) . I had good luck last year near Geary/French Lake, but had no success this year. Also, yesterday was near Jemseg off of Grand Lake, and managed to land one smaller one (about 12") but nothing else except for about 20 Perch. If anyone could let me know where some of the best places to fish pickerel from shore are it would be greatly appreciated.
( I'm from Moncton, but am willing to drive as far as 1-2 hours away, if not more.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll have to try out that spot Morton. What side of the lake were you fishing from? I'm not familiar with the area, I see on the map maple grove ct and cedar grove.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I was just walking up and down the walking trail and tryiing diff spots, I believe its off Cedar grove, Its not a big lake

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll definitely have to try it out this weekend! Thanks a lot

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Made a few trips this weekend. Went to Ritchie lake and didn't have any luck, Went to my Jemseg spot but it's inaccessible because of the water levels, so we made our way to French Lake and pulled out a few around 20". Will need to wait for the water to go down and should be great

·
Registered
1 Posts
I caught this one around barkers point near the old train bridge, Not sure on length but it was pretty big. but there is alot of perch in there too. Ive also caught some small mouth bass there too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts