New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I need to know some good spots to fish in the Saint John and Rothesay area, I have tried Hammond River and never have any luck and lock lomond, and tips on lures and bait would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
You fishing from shore, or do you have a boat (canoe)? There are a few stocked lakes on the Kingston Peninsula and around Saint John. Just check the DNR site for the list.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can have a canoe, but i mostly fish off the shoreline, the link didnt work out to well? the stocked areas do you usually pay to get in to those?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
No you don't pay to get into stocked lakes, they are all public lakes just the province put fish in them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Any idea where to find the link for the stocked lake on the peninsula? that link doesn't work and the one on the gnb website comes up as it doesn't exist. Anyone simply know of some good lakes to try out that way, I live in the gondola point area and think it may be worth a fairy ride over. Any info is appreciated.

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
The two stocked lakes on the Kingston Peninsula are Picket Lake and Jenkins Lake. They stock them with brook trout.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Do you know if its fly fish only or is it open to the public to fish it with regular reel?
They are open, and Jenkins is full of smallmouth bass. You can use fly gear , spinning gear or baitcasters, it is only some of the rivers that have fly only rules and that is only certain times of the season, check you rule book, they are listed in there. Just because a lake is stocked, doesn't mean it is private, the province stocks all kinds of lakes for all to fish.

You can find all kinds of info here

Fish NB

·
Registered
12 Posts
The 2 biggest smallies I caught all season were out of Jenkins Lake. Caught them both within 10 minutes and then nothing for an hour. Both fish in the 12-14 inch range. I would never have thought there were any trout in there, though.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
almost all the streams on kingston penninsula have good trout fishing. the lakes around loch lomond and that area again are great trout fishing. trout fishing the lower hammond by canoe is pretty good in the spring, with the occasional monster.

unfortunaltely i was told a horror story about how jemkins lake went from a nice trout lake to a smallie lake., and how the guy thought it was funny to p.o. the trout fishermen who owned land on the lake.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts