New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one know a good spot for fishing on a canoe,any where with in 1 hour or 1,1/2 hours from moncton,C and R is good for me,not interestet to keep,just want to bring my wife for a litter bit of fun.Any help will be awsome.
Thanks.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Any one know a good spot for fishing on a canoe,any where with in 1 hour or 1,1/2 hours from moncton,C and R is good for me,not interestet to keep,just want to bring my wife for a litter bit of fun.Any help will be awsome.
Thanks.
In sussex, they rent canoe and stuff, near Kenebacassis I think.. I've the guy business card in my truck.. let me know if you want more details

·
Registered
184 Posts
In sussex, they rent canoe and stuff, near Kenebacassis I think.. I've the guy business card in my truck.. let me know if you want more details
Hi Cubanfish. If you are heading toward the Kennebecassis in the near future, you should know it is still running pretty high and fast. It's not a big problem if you are experienced with paddling in moving water. If you're not experienced it is pretty easy to find yourself pushed into some alders on a bend or into a downed tree - that's a dangerous situation at this time of year. I see more rain in the forecast for later this week. If you're new to caneoing (or your wife is), then you might want to wait until mid-May when the water warms up and the river drops back inside it's banks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Cubanfish. If you are heading toward the Kennebecassis in the near future, you should know it is still running pretty high and fast. It's not a big problem if you are experienced with paddling in moving water. If you're not experienced it is pretty easy to find yourself pushed into some alders on a bend or into a downed tree - that's a dangerous situation at this time of year. I see more rain in the forecast for later this week. If you're new to caneoing (or your wife is), then you might want to wait until mid-May when the water warms up and the river drops back inside it's banks.
good to know that,thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
We canoe the Bartibog every year in may..... lotsa trout in that river system.... gets pretty shallow come june though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
how far is the bartibog river from moncton. I just picked up my first canoe and im only familiar with the cocagne river. Does anyone know of any other rivers or lakes within an hour or so drive from moncton?

·
Registered
457 Posts
The Shepody river is in Riverside Albert about an hr from Moncton. Very good for canoeing but the fishing does not open until next Sun 15 May. It has brookies and rainbows, but read your fishing handbook for special size limits. Cheers Casey, If u need more info, PM me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts