New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm in the moncton area, and wondering where can I buy some spears for smelt/ice fishing. I checked canadiantire website, I'll go check tomorrow at the store, but if it's not even on their website, then I'm stumped, if anyone can help much appreciated. cheers

·
Registered
54 Posts
when i lived on the island we speared smelts, lots of smelts lol we made our own spears.. we used stainless steel tig welding rods, we bent them and tacked them together they worked great and didnt rust..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick response guys! Rob: If ever you find out what the name of that place is in Shediac, please let me know.. also just occurred to me, I can just go visit some of the huts and ask the "old timers" they should know too
I got my ice hut out yesterday, can't wait to catch them smelts!! hehe

Cheers

·
Registered
457 Posts
I bought smelt spears at the place in Shediac. I think the name was Handi's. I just followed the main street past the turnoff to Pointe du chene. It was 5 or 6 km outside town right on the main road. Lots of other cheap fishing stuff also!! I think the spears were $12, it was 2 or 3 yrs ago.

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm in the moncton area, and wondering where can I buy some spears for smelt/ice fishing. I checked canadiantire website, I'll go check tomorrow at the store, but if it's not even on their website, then I'm stumped, if anyone can help much appreciated. cheers
Go to Richibucto and you can buy them from Phil Cormier who makes them. He makes his own design that he invented a while back, and they work awesome! Phil's Skate Sharpening on Acadia Street. 523-4288

·
Registered
2 Posts
i bought a spearhead at better buy sports for just a couple dollars and i just went for a walk in the woods for a handle, this way i could choose how long i could have it. it works pretty well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts