New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking back at old threads it seems this forum was quite active but it’s a ghost town now. The only user who’s consistently active that I’ve seen is @Matt Myers. There’s lots of great info in old threads but a lot of the newer questions have gone unanswered, is there a reason for all this?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Part of the problem I have with social media is I am not interested and I find it hard to go on say FB and only interact on a fishing group. There is constantly ads which I block that get replaced by ads for something else. As well as posts involving others I have never met. Plus with the forum format it is easier to follow posts and find the info I am looking for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Was actually surprised to see this still active. I develop websites at my day job and WordPress hasnt had a supported forum plugin for years (curious what this runs on now). It's hard to compete with the simplicity of Facebook Groups.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Part of the problem I have with social media is I am not interested and I find it hard to go on say FB and only interact on a fishing group. There is constantly ads which I block that get replaced by ads for something else. As well as posts involving others I have never met. Plus with the forum format it is easier to follow posts and find the info I am looking for.
There are two ad blockers for Chrome and Firefox that work very well. I use Facebook ONLY for the fishing groups, lol. And an admin for the NB Kayak Fishing group.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts