New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The DNR fish book for 2011 says this about fly-fish only for the Nashwaak starting July 1st:

"Nashwaak River upstream from the Route 8 highway bridge at Marysville
to the East Branch, Nashwaak River"

Now, I obviously know where the Marysville bridge is on bridge street, however..
-Where exactly does the 'east branch Nashwaak river' begin?
-Is this inclusive, meaning that the actual east-branch is not fly-fish only, but everything up to it is?
-I am assuming that the east-branch goes right up to the Nashwaak Lake?
-Why can't they simply write these regulations in such a why that they can be understood? Why can't they include coordinates anytime they are trying to reference a particular point or landmark? One regulation even references the 'barker dam'. It doesn't exist anymore!!! I simply happen to know about it.. but otherwise, I would be left to just random 'googling' or posting posts like this.
Thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
The east branch is what runs out of Nashwaak lake - the west branch runs in not far below that. Have a look at a map book. It is fly fishing only from the Marysville bridge up to where the two branches come together. I'm not sure what you didn't understand about how it is written in the regs. Seems pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
122 Posts
This is what DNR told me...

Q: that July 1st you cannot use spinning gear above the Marysville bridge? There are a lot of people who fish just above that bridge who need to be informed for their own protection. (I'd be more than willing to spread the truth)

A: This was a change proposed by the Department of Fisheries and Oceans. The change made it into the fishing summary book but has not yet been changed in regulation. The Penniac Bridge is still the lower limit for fly fishing only waters on the Nashwaak. Conservation officers were instructed not to enforce the route 8 bridge in Marysville as the boundary for fly fishing on the Nashwaak in 2011.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I appreciate the info very much, I found the west branch Nash. on a map book I just got from SNB, so I see exactly where you are talking about Bonasa (could have did without the eye-roll, but thanks just the same).
I was a bit frustrated when I wrote that, hehe - not necessarily about that one specifically, but a few different ones in general. I should have been able to figure that out without this post.
Thanks!

·
Registered
106 Posts
No problem Adam - I may have been a little grumpy last night
. At least you got er' figured out anyway.
And thank you RL for the info on the lower limit - it took me reading your post to realize that - yeah, it's always been the Penniac bridge. I think that's going to be a good change though - there are a few salmon-holding spots between Marysville and the Penniac bridge.

·
Registered
122 Posts
It hasn't changed yet...But, it doesn't apply to me as I only fly fish...I'm quit confident that the Mill Brook outlet is the only holding spot. It is very hard to fish to as all the bolders you can trip over.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The east branch is what runs out of Nashwaak lake - the west branch runs in not far below that. Have a look at a map book. It is fly fishing only from the Marysville bridge up to where the two branches come together. I'm not sure what you didn't understand about how it is written in the regs. Seems pretty straight forward.
you must know chris from DNR or maybe you work there

1 - 7 of 7 Posts