New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody else made it into the WFN's Ambassador members? I got selected this week and thought it was pretty cool! Here's the link to my WFN articles page: http://www.wfn.tv/ambassador/user.php?author=2357

Why don't you take a look and tell me what you think? If you check today, they featured two of my articles: http://www.wfn.tv/ambassador/ (they're the ones written by JC Cormier, that's me!)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Congrats Stoover! Good articles and even better fly patterns. I can duplicate the Miracle Orange from the picture but the Bug is difficult to guage the proportions. Is the tail twice as long as the body and how small is the hook? If you want a competition for the fall salmon I'll put my Hot Orange up against your Miracle Orange.

·
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats Stoover! Good articles and even better fly patterns. I can duplicate the Miracle Orange from the picture but the Bug is difficult to guage the proportions. Is the tail twice as long as the body and how small is the hook? If you want a competition for the fall salmon I'll put my Hot Orange up against your Miracle Orange.
For the bug, you I like the tail to be about the same lenght as the body, but I also throw some with the tail half the size of the body in the mix. The picture isn't quite clear, but for the bug's body you spin natural, then red, then natural deer hair. You take clumps of deer hair about the size of a pencil erasor, and spin it on a #8 or #10 hook for trout, and #6 or bigger for salmon or smallies, etc.

·
Registered
144 Posts
For the bug, you I like the tail to be about the same lenght as the body, but I also throw some with the tail half the size of the body in the mix. The picture isn't quite clear, but for the bug's body you spin natural, then red, then natural deer hair. You take clumps of deer hair about the size of a pencil erasor, and spin it on a #8 or #10 hook for trout, and #6 or bigger for salmon or smallies, etc.
Congrats I really like the one about finding a good hot spot and the one about your favorite flys.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Stroover , thanks for the good read I will follow your posts on WFN. your stories are put into great words,I like the topo convo I had to do the same thing, with out the GPS lol .. but yes indeed your articles are of a true outdoorsman ... your shore lunch could use some tweaking .. but a hungry angler you made it simple.. keep it going .. and may all the winds be up stream

·
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stroover , thanks for the good read I will follow your posts on WFN. your stories are put into great words,I like the topo convo I had to do the same thing, with out the GPS lol .. but yes indeed your articles are of a true outdoorsman ... your shore lunch could use some tweaking .. but a hungry angler you made it simple.. keep it going .. and may all the winds be up stream
Thanks for all the positive words, guys!

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
hey, sounds like your having fun str00ver! i've been an ambassador for a while now, you can see my posts under john cail. sorry, no pictures!
my computer is working at a crawl today but i'll see if i can read your posts.
so. any other ambassadors out there?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts