New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Tried to go today...key word is tried...water level was pretty high, didnt help that my chest waders sprung severel leaks...there were quite a few guys in boats but i was the only one stupid enough to wade...was so cold this morning that i had to clean the ice out of my guides every 3rd cast...i finally gave up when my feet were so wet and cold that they hurt...river is fishable i just had major equipment failure...off to buy a new better pair of waders..may try early next week

·
Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried to go today...key word is tried...water level was pretty high, didnt help that my chest waders sprung severel leaks...there were quite a few guys in boats but i was the only one stupid enough to wade...was so cold this morning that i had to clean the ice out of my guides every 3rd cast...i finally gave up when my feet were so wet and cold that they hurt...river is fishable i just had major equipment failure...off to buy a new better pair of waders..may try early next week
I was thinking tomorrow or Sunday, but I'm going to watch the water levels and the temperature. I don't like being cold but I really want to fish.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
water levels were high first day, and lots of debree and ice too. the river dropped about a foot that day the second day was very cold -10 to start!!! water level dropped about another 8" with much clearer water, less debree, almost no ice floating down but some build up along the shore line, depenmding on area. tommorrow should be a good day to fish there.

vfery few fish landed on the 15, lots landed on the 16th, including a 34" by me. nice fish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts