New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone been around hampton in the past couple of days. looking at hitting it for some sea run but if the waters way up in the trees I dont think there is much sence. any info would be good thanks

·
Registered
169 Posts
I was out in Kingston creek area yesterday and there is barely a shore line, up a good foot or more over the land tree roots, got a couple small pickeral.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I was also going to head to the Hampton covered bridge area and fish round there but the water was so high It would have engluped my chest waders. Was running to fast too.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Bah! I wanted to throw the good ship HMCS Bass Turd into the water at Hampton in the morning.
To heck with high water levels, I'm going to do it anyway.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Tin boat. 15HP grey-coloured Mariner on the arse end. Three guys.
If I see a kayaker waving I'll assume either it's you and I'll come over and introduce myself, or I'll assume that someone is drowning and call 911.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Lobsterman, your heading down to my territory are ya? I have heard that they like the flies out there... although I cant get them to take any. (I really have no idea what I am doing though...)

AKA Honda450S

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
Tin boat. 15HP grey-coloured Mariner on the arse end. Three guys.
If I see a kayaker waving I'll assume either it's you and I'll come over and introduce myself, or I'll assume that someone is drowning and call 911.
All this time I thought you were Scott. Lol! Ok, if you see me, come introduce yourself, then! I'll be in a green kayak. I'm gonna start way upriver first and work my way down (wading). If I didn't hit them by the time I get to French Village, I'll put the kayak in and continue on down river.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
did you have any luck stroover? the trout i caught today were all local or had been in fresh water for a while - no shean at all but very chunky trout. this was the first day in a week that i didn`t catch any yellow perch.

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
Ipop, when I got to where I thought the trout might be hanging, the water was still high and fast, plus it was snowing, so I opted to not put the yak in and wade with my neoprene waders instead. The fish were rising to pale evening duns, so I threw my bug and got several raises and a good hit, but didn't connect. I'm not sure if they were sea run, but I suspect they were, just not the big run yet. But you never know, they could be early: I also didn't expect that mayfly hatch to be a week or two early, either.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Water at Hampton was about 10 feet higher than normal. It was flooded enough that I got lost and ended up boating in the woods, ha ha. COuldn't find the actual river at one point!
No fish seen and no fish even on the fish finder.
Wind, snow, freezing cold, big chop -- wouldn't have it any other way!

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
where i have been fishing trout, the water is just high enough now to get good fishing. i fish it sort of like smallie fishing - sneak into the spot, then work the entire spot, pitching into pockets and anywhere the alders stick out into the channels, along with any undercut banks. yesterday this was a hot ticket, unfortunately every one i caught was a bleeder, so once i found them it was quickly time to go find some perch to play with. i had fished walking a stream earlier with no luck, but i think it had just been hit by some other anglers.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
yup, and smaller spinners too. i went after the perch first today, caught nada, then tried for a big reaction bite, again, nada. then i went back to sneaky and light pitching for shy trout...and quickly found there were pickerel in my trout spot! lol! i caught a couple, then let it settle again while i put on another spinner (nasty pickerel!!!), & a couple juicy worms. started pitching and catching some trout. i pulled it away from some little ones a few casts in a row, so i gave it another break waiting for high tide - that was a cold break this evening! then slowly worked my way out of the area, finding a nice trout as high tide and darkness came together.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts