New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi am new on here.

I am looking at some property on the Washademoak, specifically at Big Cove.

Does anyone fish in here? It looks like it has some good potential.

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
355 Posts
I've been there a bunch of times. Great Pickerel fishing, and you can pick up a few smallmouth here and there.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Agree with Rob, lots of pickeral in big cove but it weeds in bad in late summer. There is usually a couple of pickeral tournies held there each year so keep an eye on the forums!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Fish it quite often in the summer. Lots and some BIG pickerel too.

Like stated above it is basically a swamp at the back end of the cove later on in the summer so if swimming is your thing towards the mouth of the cove is best.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I live on the other side of the lake, fishing is good there, like they said, alot of pickerel.There's a fair number of smallmouth in the river channels around the mouth of the lake, (if you have a boat) but im sure if you fished some of the points around the islands in big cove, you'd hit some smallies.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am working on getting a boat. The property is between the 2 islands in the cove on a point. If I don't have a boat I will be fishing from a dock in the area.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've tryed it a few times this year. It was starting to get decent before the big rain, but I've found it slowed down alot since. THe pickerel seemed to stop biting, or they're just harder to find with the water so much higher, or I suck at fishing when the water is high. Either way the fishing has slowed down alot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts