New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping that anyone could refer me a place/person around Saint John area where I could buy an Ice Fishing Shack. New or used.. I am looking for a light weight shack where three people can fish comfortably...If anyone has it built and willing to sell or interested to build a new to sell please let me know.

I also want to post this to classified; however, I could not location the classified section.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Are you looking for something that you can pack up and go with or are you looking for more of a hardside , take out on the ice and leave there until end of season?
If your looking to pack up and go you can get some nice portable 2 - 4 man Ice tents that are very very very useful..I would definatly go for the 4 man !! They take about 2 minutes to setup and take down, very light weight , sturdy ( As long as Anchored ) .. You can pick them up for around $200 now adays and if takin care of can last you a few years ... Great for someone who wants to do some smelt fishing in different locations, dominion pk, millidgevill, renforth , cameron rd, or up river to victoria beach , glenwood ect.. Or hitting those lakes for some trout , pickerel whitefish ect ..An ice tent, some folding lawn chairs, and a portable heater and you can comfortably fish in any weather!

As for a hardside , have you thought of building one yourself? A basic shack is simple to build and costumise yourself . Especially if you have a good size garage or work shop to build in...

·
Registered
438 Posts
Id def use the money for a portable, i used to always have a hardside but havnt put one out in 6-7 years since i started using a portable. The best part about them is you can pack up and leave and set back up in a matter of minutes, it akes longer to drill holes then put them up. The thing i hated most about the hardside was that if it was a slow day in that spot then you cant do anything about it but sit there and not catch anything or go home...plus with a poratable, you dont need a foot of ice to put it out and dont have to worry about bringing it back in early whne there is still some goood fishing left

·
Registered
315 Posts
ondjumper makes excellent points.. Thats why I have both a hardside and a portable

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys, I appreciate your quick response. I would put my money on portable ones as well if I could find 4 men ones within reasonable price. My buddy already has a portable one, but that is for 2 men. We would have to accommodate 1 or 2 more people in it. That is why we were thinking about getting a hard one this time and leave it either in Renforth or Millidgeville for the season. It would be nice if I could buy a second hand one; if you guys know anyone selling please let me know.

As for building hard shack by myself; you know the TV show "Canada's worst Handyman" lol... I know, I will be nominated for that show after I try to build even a basic one. If you guys know anyone builds and willing to sell, I would be interested on it as well.

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
@Fish in dream: I heard that somebody in Hampton High School builds them. Apparently you pay for the materials and they whip it up or something like that (I beleive it's the shop class that does it). Phone up the school and ask somebody about it, I'm sure somebody in the office will know about it and be able to hook you up (no pun intended).

·
Registered
357 Posts
I am hoping that anyone could refer me a place/person around Saint John area where I could buy an Ice Fishing Shack. New or used.. I am looking for a light weight shack where three people can fish comfortably...If anyone has it built and willing to sell or interested to build a new to sell please let me know.

I also want to post this to classified; however, I could not location the classified section.
There has been an ice shack for sale in the Telegraph Journal now for about 2 weeks,don't know how big,but they are asking $250 for it.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Im not sure but theres one on KiJIJI for the same price. its listed at 5 x 6 x6 ... Kind of small for $250.. I sold my last one for $300.. It was 8x8x6.5 Fished 4 easily wit lots of room..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gmac; thanks for your response. I have checked the classified of telegraph journal. turns out it is the same guy who is selling in Kijiji. At least the same phone number.

However, I am hoping to fit at least 3 people in the shack and fish comfortably.

A2F: I wish I knew you were selling a 8 X 8... anyway, if you come across anyone trying to sell a shack please let me know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts