New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought some new L.L. Bean Breathable emerger stocking foot waders and I need to get some wading boots now. Can I just use rubber boots or over sized sneakers for the first season, because I don't want to have to spend all my money on boots.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I just bought some new L.L. Bean Breathable emerger stocking foot waders and I need to get some wading boots now. Can I just use rubber boots or over sized sneakers for the first season, because I don't want to have to spend all my money on boots.
Not a good idea. What size are your feet?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I take size 11.
I have the same size feet and had the same problem last year. It is really not reccomended to use sneekers or rubber boots because pebbles and twigs accumulate in the bottom of your shoes and puncture your waders. I would just look in to getting some cheap boots at wal-mart I seen some for cheap a while back i might pick up if they have them still. It is worth it in the long run because its better to have money spent on boots rather than a new pair of waders.

·
Registered
113 Posts
You can use sneakers but high cut running shoes are better; more ankle support and protects the upper foot. Try the sneakerrs on with 2 pairs of heavy socks when you buy them to get a big enough size to accomodate waders,etc.

Put on the warders, then put a large pair of socks over the stocking feet waders ,then put on the sneakers. The socks will protect the stocking feet. I do this even with wading boots.

I would suggest gluing some indoor outdoor carpet to the soles of the running shoes to improve traction. Use waterproof contact cement to do this. THese will act a lot like felts on wading boots.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Make sure whatever you put over them...it is warm..water is going to be ice cold on April 15th..for the first 3 or 4 weeks anyway..lol

·
Registered
113 Posts
You want to put extra socks inside the wader stocking foot to heep your feet warm for early season use. The socks on the outside are only to protect the wader foot from rockes. etc. that will inevitably get inside the sneakers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts