New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you're pretty sure you will be participating in any one or both of these tournaments, we need you to pre-register as soon as possible in order to ensure the best possible tournament experience for you, our participants. We need to invest a considerable amount of money up front for these events, and the more people we know who will definitly be there, the more we can safely invest and at least break-even. (going in the red would mean no more tourneys). Holding back only means we can only present a mediocre tournament, you know?

So please, please please! Go to these websites and sign-up sooooon! (On the websites, scroll all the way to the bottom and look for the Pay Pal button).

Hammond River Classic: http://www.xkfx.ca/2011_cka_cross_canada_tour/hammond_river_classic

NB Paddler's Fishing Derby: http://www.xkfx.ca/2011_cka_cross_canada_tour/nb_paddlers_fishing_derby

·
Registered
492 Posts
I just registered for the Hammond River Classic! I'm looking forward to attending and trying to keep Richard from repeating as champ!

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
i may sign up today or tommorrow, depending. my concern is i lose my job at the end of april, so committing for this summer is a real gamble, since i don't know where or when i'll be working.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
okay, i'm signed up for the hammond river tourney, and have my fingers crossed!

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
okay, i'm signed up for the sunbury/oromocto too!

i also just caught that it's not the same french lake as the ice fishing tournies! dah!
so i have never fished it before - time to do more research!

·
Registered
492 Posts
ipop... glad to hear you signed up, and glad to hear you noticed the lake. I like the regional map on the website to help people realize that it is the 'other' French Lake. As for this lake, think of a smaller Indian Lake: shallow, lots of weeds, murky.

·
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm waiting to be signed up for the NB Paddler's Fishing Derby (as I can't compete in the Hammond River Classic as the tourney organizer, unless you all let me
). If you're like me, and your mommy won't let you link your PayPal account to your credit card, you can email Jeff Goudreau at [email protected], and he'll make arrangements for payments via check or whatever.

JC

·
2,366 Posts
I reiterate about pre-registration's importance. It's kinda looking like this: We're expecting 25 participants for the Hammond River Classic if last year is any indication, therefore we're thinking about offering a swag-bag for the first 25 people who register online or who pay through Jeff Goudreau derictly (by mail-in check).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

I'm new here and this is my first post. I would be interested in registering in the NB Paddler's Fishing Derby in French Lake.

I do a little kayak fishing in my 18 years old homemade sit-in kayak. I'll probably need some ideas about required equipment for such an event as I am not sure if there are things other that the normal safety gear that should be in the kayak.

I have to be honest: I've been lurking as a non-member for a little while now and I am impressed with some of the kayak fishing knowledge that members have. I hope to learn a lot.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hi Kisutch, and welcome! Glad you came out of lurking mode.

One of the rules of the derby is that you must be wearing a PFD while out on the water. For more specific rules regarding safety equipment, you can check out Transport Canada'a regulations here:
http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/marinesafety/debs-obs-equipment-size-unpowered-192.htm

Basically they are PFD, a 50' (15m) heaving/tow line and a bailing device.

As for equipment needed specifically for the tournament you will probably want some lightweight tackle. Someone with only a little hildebrant spinner, hook and worm could do okay. Most of the species in the waters there will go after something like that. You will also need a measuring device and a digital camera, as you need to take a picture of your fish to bring in at the end. Ideally a camera with an SD card or something that can easily be popped into my laptop so that we can get a good look at the pictures to determine their length.

We sure would like you to come out and join us. I'm hopeful for a good turnout, with a number of people new to the sport, and with a number of experienced folks (including Jeff Goudreau of CanadianKayakAnglers.com, who has been featured on last weeks episode of The Kayak Fishing Show with Jim Sammonds)

We highly encourage you to register online as early as you can (the better handle we have on the number attending the better organized we can be!) Just follow this link:
http://xkfx.ca/2011_cka_cross_canada_tour/nb_paddlers_fishing_derby

From there you can follow the link to PayPal, as well as check out the official rules, look at some maps for directions and hotspots. If you can't/won't use paypal, you can send an email to [email protected] and we can work out other alternatives.

If you have any questions, just ask. If you want to know, chances are someone else does as well, so you are doing us a favour by asking.

BobD

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
kisutch did you make the kayak yourself? my 20 year old will be my spare this year, i'm in the proccess of building a new one now (very bottom of the hull cut and drilled, now for the other 90% of the build...lol!)

keep in mind that it's number of species, so you probabaly want at least some variety of gear, and all the stuff BobD mentioned. it would be almost impossible to have worse conditions than last time, so i would expect more than 4 species to take it this year, but you never know, we didn't have hail or snow or...well, it was memorable!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
If you're pretty sure you will be participating in any one or both of these tournaments, we need you to pre-register as soon as possible in order to ensure the best possible tournament experience for you, our participants. We need to invest a considerable amount of money up front for these events, and the more people we know who will definitly be there, the more we can safely invest and at least break-even. (going in the red would mean no more tourneys). Holding back only means we can only present a mediocre tournament, you know?

So please, please please! Go to these websites and sign-up sooooon! (On the websites, scroll all the way to the bottom and look for the Pay Pal button).

Hammond River Classic: http://www.xkfx.ca/2011_cka_cross_canada_tour/hammond_river_classic

NB Paddler's Fishing Derby: http://www.xkfx.ca/2011_cka_cross_canada_tour/nb_paddlers_fishing_derby
thanks for th heads up ...i havent been on this site for a while and thats why im replying so late. later today im going to sign up, my dad might too.

·
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Stroover, I'm in, give me a shout one of these days , only 20 sleeps to go.....
Hey Scott, get your poop together for the opener and let's hit the Hammond! Can you get the 15th off of work?

·
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
that is the plan, if you don't mind a heatless cottage sure
Especially if the wife isn't coming. It is pretty nuts where I go, just kayaking can be fun, but drifting and catching is insane.
Frig ya, I'd like to try and make it. What do you use for flies?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts