New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if someone had a detailed map of the Upper Saint John Recreational Fishery Area? The reason I ask is a variation order has been put into place and you are now able to keep 10 trout. I know the boundaries except for the eastern side, what signifies the divider? I know it is all drainage of the Saint John but I am not sure if places like Trousers lake in Plaster Rock are included. I normally release most of my catches but have a trip planned there in May and do not want to run into issues when I retain more fish then entitled. Thanks

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I was just wondering if someone had a detailed map of the Upper Saint John Recreational Fishery Area? The reason I ask is a variation order has been put into place and you are now able to keep 10 trout. I know the boundaries except for the eastern side, what signifies the divider? I know it is all drainage of the Saint John but I am not sure if places like Trousers lake in Plaster Rock are included. I normally release most of my catches but have a trip planned there in May and do not want to run into issues when I retain more fish then entitled. Thanks
Here is the Variance

Variation Order

Department of Natural Resources Quota Variation Order NB-2011-001, issued on April 12, 2011, increased the daily trout bag limit in the Upper Saint John Recreational Fishing Area from five (5) fish to (10) fish, effective immediately. This area encompasses the waters of the St. John River and its tributaries upstream of the covered bridge at Hartland, excluding lakes and boundary waters between Maine and New Brunswick.

The daily bag limit is ten (10) trout in aggregate of arctic char, brook trout, brown trout, lake trout or rainbow trout, but not more than two (2) lake trout and/or (2) brown trout.

bullet The variation order - Fisheries and Oceans Canada

Note the part "excluding lakes and boundary waters between Maine and New Brunswick."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts