New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Tweegle, don't see why it matters so much to him where you posted this but oh well! Anyways I was into the upper cains a couple weeks ago, and between the three of us we hooked over 40 fish with the largest being a fat ole' 18 incher! We hooked them on anything dry really, bombers of any color, white and royal wulffs, coachmans, rat faced mac dougalls. If I were you, I would have a few white dries of different sizes(that is what we hooked most of our fish on). Good luck to ya!

·
Registered
77 Posts
doesn't matter to me but he might get more responces since it's a trout C&R and this isn't the trout forum...
Well if you look and see how many fisherman have posted in the salmon compared to trout.... I would probably post in the salmon forum too.

·
Registered
122 Posts
We fish the catch and release stretches every June. We have a Newfoundlander that joins us every year, and this one time, he asked me what I had on for a fly. It was an olive green wooly bugger. He laughed at me, said I wasn't going to catch anything, I asked him to shut his pie hole for a sec...Then, I hooked a smasher. I did find, that trying that fly again right after would not work, so I switched to a butterfly and it worked instantly. At the end of the session, I took both flies and gave them to the Newfoundlander and told him to go back home and tell me how he made out with them. He done Ok with them and never judged a fly again. You just never know what those shifty little bastards are going to take one moment to the next...Canadian Tire flies work as well...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts