New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone that could tell me where a good place to fish around turtle creek? Im thinking of going sunday...any info would be verry appretiated

·
Registered
97 Posts
Try the Little River , next river that crosses the road towards Salisbury . The are plently of spots to stop and walk the river. The last 2 years of had very good trout fishing. this time of year with the heat I would be early though and maybe do some exploring in the afternoon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try the Little River , next river that crosses the road towards Salisbury . The are plently of spots to stop and walk the river. The last 2 years of had very good trout fishing. this time of year with the heat I would be early though and maybe do some exploring in the afternoon.
Thanx...ill sure check it out... I heard that they were counting the trout in the turtle creek lately and the big trout are running now.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Robert, I am wondering wich road you take (the name). On google, there's several road you can take to follow the turtle creek (Ritchie rd, Milton rd,Osprey rd)

Thank you!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Area around Jonah Bridge is all clear cut now for the damn dam expansion and will be posted this season (at the end only I hope) as no trespassing or whatever else bullshit signs the City will put up soon. Pretty soon we are going to have to drive to NS to fish any decent places. In NS there is no private waters like in the Miramichi crap to deal with and they have a much more lenient meaning of trespassing than we do her in NB. Besides they have nice huge Brown trout....something we can't seem to introduce here LOL

·
Registered
576 Posts
at turtle creek you can fish down below the spillway (not the spillway itself) all the way to the petticodiac.. there are a few roads in there to get you down river.. all walking from there.. I've been there and I didn't like it, only caught a few small smallmouth bass. Probably there the wrong time of year.

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
Kayak fisher you must never have fished the saint john area there are some massive browns down here trust me.
Does anybody have a picture of these brown trout from the Saint John area? I've been living here since 2002 and have yet to see one. I've had somebody present me with "brown trout" that was actually sea-run brook trout. Is it possible that many folks in this area mistake sea-run brook trout for brown trout, or was just that fella off his rocker?

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
the fella was off his rocker. remember my brown i posted last year for the contest? that was one of many browns i caught just in the sj area. there are few spots to go for them in rivers and brooks around sj (that are legal to fish yet, one of the rivers is still closed due to resevoir rules), while all the lakes connected to the loch lomond system have brown trout (some have special rules so check the regs)

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
stroover, take a look in the brown trout lead, i posted a picture of a saint john area brown trout for you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts