New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
the trout fishing on the kingston pen is probabaly best in the streams. pickett lake has trout (and suckers), they used to have a kids trout tourney there every year. . jenkins lake used to have trout, then some one thought it would be fun to put bass in it.... i would fish the streams. worked for me today

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea? you had some luck? actually thats why I was wondering which lakes had trout because i was going to fish the brooks coming out of them, any particular streams you know about?

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
i guess i mainly fish the streams on the eastern side of kingston pen. try where they cross the roads and then try about 150yrds further up. if no trout, try the next stream. these streams are hit on pretty heavily, so how many trout are in them will depend on the run and how many others have already fished it that day. where i was catching them there were another 10 or so people fishing the same stream mouth, and we all arrived at the same time (supper time). it will be better fishing there next week, or even from this weekend on, since it will be high tide there when the trout are biting. this week it was low tide when the trout rang the dinner bell.

i would tell you the exact stream, but it`s hard to swear a blood oath of secrecy on the net...lol!

·
Registered
169 Posts
lol, no worries I have a few places mostly small mouth I keep secret, but I dont eat fish so even if I find a good hole they all go back so long as they are ok to be released. Once May 1st hits Im all bass.

I never heard of the tides affecting brooks and brookies? is that right?

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
I never heard of the tides affecting brooks and brookies? is that right?
If you're fishing the stream/brook's mouth where it dumps in a river affected by the tide, then ya, you want to hit it at high tide. Way up the stream where the tides does not go, the tide has no effect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts