New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I went out the other day with a few guys from the Moncton area and I had the best trout fishing on the fly that I have ever had.. granted I haven't done much Trout on the fly but this was the best I have had so far.. from what they are telling me it is going to get better as the water drops and the hatch comes on... can't wait.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Yeah, this river is probably my favorite place for "fly fishing trout" I think... which is not too far from Moncton... I might go this week now

·
Registered
395 Posts
haha sure ... I've been fishing this place for quite a while now and I know when it is good (fun to fish if I can say... haha)

·
Registered
227 Posts
exstream I checked otu your videos on youtube what a good channel to view! Enjoyed on them awesome editing to! The end of every video is great I hope you can squeeze in " Ft. SeriousFisher " sometime haha!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well if I ever make it to Saint John then there is no reason anyone in that area can't be included at one point or another... What are you offering for me to make you famous on YouTube...lol...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great video! I experienced some great trout fishing myself this weekend in a secret remote spot in the Saint John area. Since I was alone, the only media I managed was a shaky phone video of me walking into the spot, and arriving to interrupt a merganser's fishing! After that I had my hands tied for the next 2 hours lol. There was a serious mayfly hatch going on this day and the fish were hitting one after another. I haven't fished trout much in the past few years, but it was good to see that it's still possible to get into some good brook trout fishing in this province.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just because you are alone shouldn't mean anything...lol... I take all the vids and pics of every video I have done with the exception I think of the first or second one... it is better or easier to take pieces from your buddies for sure but if you are alone then it shouldn't stop you.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Great video! I experienced some great trout fishing myself this weekend in a secret remote spot in the Saint John area. Since I was alone, the only media I managed was a shaky phone video of me walking into the spot, and arriving to interrupt a merganser's fishing! After that I had my hands tied for the next 2 hours lol. There was a serious mayfly hatch going on this day and the fish were hitting one after another. I haven't fished trout much in the past few years, but it was good to see that it's still possible to get into some good brook trout fishing in this province.

Hey, I now exactly where that is. I recommend you don't say though because I was there 2 weeks ago and there where 10 other people plus more people coming in. We don't want people knowing our spot right. The reason the fishing is so good is because its so remote.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey, I now exactly where that is. I recommend you don't say though because I was there 2 weeks ago and there where 10 other people plus more people coming in. We don't want people knowing our spot right. The reason the fishing is so good is because its so remote.
I was wondering if anyone on here would recognize that!

I agree with you 100%. You're hard pressed to find a place to stand in some of these special spots, that's why I only really fish those ones on the week days if I can. It just doesn't seem right to drive an hour into the woods, ride another hour by atv, only to be standing shoulder to shoulder fishing like it were a Lily Lake fishing derby lol.

I've had my fun there for the year, I've got a ton of places to explore this year since I'm getting really into back country ultra light back packing lately. Now I'm combining it with fishing. I like to try to find places that haven't been destroyed by Irving yet, but they are few and far between...

Cheers

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Was out again last evening and rolled some nice sized brookies... landed quite a few as well but there were 2 that I would love to have a shot at again...lol... Gonna try to get out the first of the week again I think... time will tell. Still hunting for some shad with no luck up in the Kennebecasis yet..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts