New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone fish trout at night? The tides will be in favour of fishing at night in the next few days, just wondering in anyone goes out at night around this neck of the woods?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Anyone fish trout at night? The tides will be in favour of fishing at night in the next few days, just wondering in anyone goes out at night around this neck of the woods?
As far as I know there's a very limited amount of rivers in Atlantic Canada that you're legally aloud to fish at night...River Phillip in NS being one of them. Someone correct me if I'm wrong..

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
As far as I know there's a very limited amount of rivers in Atlantic Canada that you're legally aloud to fish at night...River Phillip in NS being one of them. Someone correct me if I'm wrong..
I suppose if your fishing for trout on tidal waters, you're allowed to fish for them at night. I'm not sure where on tidal waters you'd find trout, though.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I suppose if your fishing for trout on tidal waters, you're allowed to fish for them at night. I'm not sure where on tidal waters you'd find trout, though.
Here is the rule for non-tidal

• No person shall angle for sport fish during
the period beginning two hours after
sunset and ending two hours before
sunrise (see exception, page 13).

And Page 13 says

• Legal Fishing Hours on the Restigouche and Patapedia Rivers boundary waters are from
one hour before sunrise to one hour after sunset.

Tidal in St John River is all the way almost to the dam above Fredericton an up to the Bloomfield Station Rd on the Kennebecasis

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess that clarifies it, although there are tones of tidal waters on the Northumberland Straight that would have sea run trout in them. Good info tho!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts