New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
It is time guys to get that boat out and prep it for the up coming season.

I will be uncovering, unwrapping, and preping my boat today. All the water is blown up anyway this weekend. So no fishing.

Don't forget to check those bearing, and brakes on that trailer.

Happy tralis, and tight lines.

Rob.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Diggin' out the ol' "HMCS Bass Turd" right now as well.

I enjoy doing the prep work as long as no major issues are found.

The best boat-prep days are the ones where the biggest issue is convincing the girlfriend that it's an all day job and will require at least 12 beers and for her to bbq me some burgers 'cause I'm sooooo busy working on everything. She's on to that one, though, after all these years.

I don't like doing bearings but better to do them in the backyard than to do them on the side of the 126. In the rain.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Put my motor back on today. Will probably change the oil,filter and bottom end tomorrow. Walked my dogs as usual around 2pm today down at the "Hopewell Rocks" and the bay was like glass and there were 6 kayaks cruising around, (one vehicle markings "kayak Exchange")Looked like they were having a good time!!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I spent the whole day tinkering with the boat. Brought in the garage. Trolling motor installed and lubed, all the Batteries and electrical hooked up,Windsheild on, installed 2 new cock pit orginiziers for hanging lures and my junk. I just need to give it a good cleaning inside. Then wash and wax it up. Should be good to go for May1st. Homebrew has me thinking of Sturgeon fishing now. :rolleyes:

I have too do the bearings,races,seals on my brothers boat trailer on Sunday. Should be fun. :D

Rob.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm getting my boat out this week for a good cleaning in and out, fresh oil and I should be good to go. Rob what are you lubeing on your trolling motor ? Just curious

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm getting my boat out this week for a good cleaning in and out, fresh oil and I should be good to go. Rob what are you lubeing on your trolling motor ? Just curious

·
Registered
315 Posts
Picking up a new to me motor today ! It's an older motor but if all is true from seller i think I will be happy .... Upgrading from a 25 to 50 hp ... Here's hoping ! I have never mounted a motor before so this project should be fun ! The motor comes with controls so in assuming it should be fairly easy to remove the 25 and put on the 50 ..... I would love to hear your tips on getting your boat ready for the season ....

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rob, where in Moncton can someone bass fish other than new Horton lake? I've tried the caanan with zero luck.
Those 2 spots you mentioned are good. Canean can be awesome at times.You should give Saint John River,Jemseg,Gagetown,Wasamadoak Lake a try.

They are all about 1hr from Moncton.

Rob..

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have to lube my slides,lock,pivot points,and springs. It is a Motorguide W55

·
Registered
407 Posts
Cool thanks, does the cables and springs and such on the foot control of a trolling motor need to be greased with anything in particular? I'm installing one tonight for the first time on my boat, so I'm unfamiliar with the maintenance necessary for them. Its a minn kota all terrain 40

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ok rob just wondering I also have the motor guide w55 never thought of lubeing those parts good idea I think I will copy you on that!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts