New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well we got picked for the Narrows this year in late August... looking for any info on the stretch? which pools are most productive? what flies seem to work best? how is the access to the river, looks like we'll need to bring the bikes again.. let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Congrats. I was there in 2010 the first of July. Some very nice country up there thats for sure. Our party had half decent luck with only 4 hook ups and one landed. Three of the hookups were on white winged butterflies and the other I think was on a shady lady. Be prepared to do some rough walking, alot of the trails are rocky and steep. Deep pool, bridge run, and pine stump pool is where the action was. Some of the pools appeared to be nearly impossible to land a fish properly in with no shores and very deep water I would recommend bringing a net. The camp was decent and beware of the tamed birch chicken that guards the camp (no joke). We certainly enjoyed ourselves. Have fun.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool, we were at squirrel falls last year, twice actually ( squirrel falls is just above the narrows ).. familiar with the paths and terrain! lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm going there the end June. Never been, whats the road like getting there, I have a Honda CRV, will I have trouble getting to the camp? How far from camp are the pools?

Cheers

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going there the end June. Never been, whats the road like getting there, I have a Honda CRV, will I have trouble getting to the camp? How far from camp are the pools?

Cheers
where squirrel falls or narrows?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Going to Narrows
you can look up each of the stretches on the DNR site, it shows a map to get there and a map of the pools... i was looking at the map today.. getting to the narrows camp site is easy and I'm sure a crv will make it.. just off the main drag (dirt road). as for getting to the river.. it looks like squirrel falls... it's gotta be a click or so to the river from the camp.. not sure what the road is like but bringing the bikes will make it easy..

·
Registered
109 Posts
We got squirrel on July 6. First time crown water, pretty pumped!! Anyone have any advice on what pools to fish or flies.

Thanks and good luck to all this year salmon fishing, hopefully it is as good as last year!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts