New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As i sat at the vice and tied a dozen Gray Wulfs size 12 I thought i would start this topic. What 's everyone 's go to fly for brook trout?

·
Registered
132 Posts
we should be posting pictures so everybody can get a look at the different flies, would like to try some different patterns this year
thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
I start out the sea run with muddlers and add a red tail of flash of red to the wing or tail, then as the water drops I go to the conventional flies. Like others, the elk hair caddis is my go-to summer fly along with mosquitoes and zug bugs.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Rolled muddler beedhead with various color wing with mallard flank overwing, braid body in gold or silver. Also tied for first would be a parabelle streamer, like a mickey fin but white red white. Sizes 2-8.

·
122 Posts
Looks like a Joliet Hopper variation with dry fly hackle instead of tent wing style hackle...interesting...

My go to fly? Tuff question, depends on the time of year, time of day, etc, but I guess if I were stuck in the woods for a week with nothing to eat other than the fish I could catch, I would like to have an orange tailed muddler and probably a black or olive wooly bugger to get me out of trouble

·
Registered
53 Posts
New to your forum..love it so far!!

I have caught more trout on a dark montreal than i think on any other i have tried...it is always the first one to hit the water for me.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have reallyu good luvk with a belly dancer...which is a salmon fly but i find the sea runs really hammer it, when i fish the the msw i dont even bother trying to catch a salmon with it when the sea runs are in because they wont leave it alone long enough, and it has seemed to work well on other rivers as well early on...other than that i also like muddlers and when the water drops and warms up i find a black knat dry fly to be my fav espêcially late in the evening

1 - 20 of 31 Posts