New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heeey guys,

just thought i would let ya know that i caught 2 very nice brookies on North River this past weekend, and lost a monster sea trout, probably around 2 pounds er soooo i was using my 4 wt.. great fun catching the 2, 11 inch brookies, and fought the 2 pounder for a lil while and lost it...

·
Registered
136 Posts
I was fishing there this weekend and saw a lot of jumping but couldnt get them to bite my berkely bait off the spinning rod. Are flyrods the only way to go this time of the year?

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
Where's North River? Over the weekend, I lost what looked like a nice 18"-inch sea trout (broke off as I went to net it), and my buddy landed a nice 20" sea trout.

·
Registered
5 Posts
They are definitely running up the North River. I was fly fishing there last night and I could actually see the fish running up thru a shallow section of rapids. I also caught 14 trout in just over an hour, all over 10", 6 of them were over 12" with the largest just shy of 15". They were all caught on a barbless hook and released see another day
Tight Lines!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Was wondering where you go to access the North River. Moved to Riverview and looking to go fishing. Not looking for your spots, just a place to park my car and fish the river.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can hit the North River on the Old Fredericton Rd, Rte 112, not far from the Salisbury Big Stop. Head towards Fredericton on the 112, you'll pass the RTE 880 on your left, the river is just after, or you can go in the 880 and hit it there.

·
Registered
138 Posts
They are definitely running up the North River. I was fly fishing there last night and I could actually see the fish running up thru a shallow section of rapids. I also caught 14 trout in just over an hour, all over 10", 6 of them were over 12" with the largest just shy of 15". They were all caught on a barbless hook and released see another day
Tight Lines!
where bouts on north river were you fishin at..?? and what flies were you using.. i was using a dragonfly nymphs and woollys

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was fishing there this weekend and saw a lot of jumping but couldnt get them to bite my berkely bait off the spinning rod. Are flyrods the only way to go this time of the year?
yaa i would say.... they are jumping for flies so if you put a fly on they will hit fer sure....

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
almost every trout i`ve seen for the last few days has been hitting black ants.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I fished the north river today above and below both spots, never saw a thing. Saw a couple hundred small fish with orange tips on their fins... What are those??

·
Registered
33 Posts
just got back from north river at the scott road and caught two trout on i think its called the christmas tree and also lost all my flies in a aluminium case be a good find for somebody

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
on_the_fly, if they were small with orang fins, they were most likely creek chub. the fins get very bright for spawning, which is now.

i had planned to stop by the river there and give a try today while i was in the area, now i`m sorry i missed it. it sounds like the luck was running hot and cold there....

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
fly fished north river today and landed a nice fat 13 incher, probably lil over a pound great fight on the 7 foot 4 wt..
, also seen some nice trout rising/jumping all over the place...:/

·
Registered
136 Posts
I went yesterday and fished with muggler's couple bites but nothing major. Water was clear and low all I saw were chubs and what looked like a good size school of about 6 or 7 heading downriver to beat the band.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts