New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
480 Posts
Heading out in a couple weeks to try our luck with sturgeon....this is something new to us and to add to the experience we will be fishing them from our kayaks in the gagetown area. Just checking to see if anyone on the forum has any experience fishing sturgeon and might through out a few tips or tricks that may help us land a few. thanks

PS...i posted this thread here as i didnt see any sturgeon forums...hope thats Ok with the mods. thanks...nate
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but June is the only month closed to Sturgeon fishing in the region. If you wait a couple of extra weeks then you should be good to go. This is from the Fishing guide:

Sturgeon
Open season . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Jan. 1-May 31, July 1-Dec. 31
Daily bag and possession limit . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .No limit
Minimum size limit . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 120 cm (TL)

Good luck when you do go out. My understanding around here is that you bundle a big bunch of worms on a hook, attach a heavy weight and sink it to the bottom. Then wait. An idea I've heard of and want to try this year is to use a swim feeder, similar to what they do with carp.

Let us know how your trip goes when you do get out.

· Registered
480 Posts
No worries. Glad I could help. Like Stroover I'm also keen on trying to land one of these on my kayak. SO if you are looking for more people to go with you when you do go, give me a shout. I've never fished for them before, but will be giving it a shot this summer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.