New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have any info on the 2011 sturgeon hunt in quispamsis I have never entered it but i want to try this year. please tell me anything you can.I cant find any info online.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Oct 2nd. its a great time, Last year was my first time ever fishing sturgeon. We got two in hte boat, never got into the top 5 but it was a blast, good group of guys out on the water aswell. Can't wait for this year. check it out http://saintjohn.kijiji.ca/c-community-events-Annual-Sturgeon-Hunt-W0QQAdIdZ310682605
Thanks for the link bud. i've been having a hard time finding info for this year as well.

To J rock, It is a great time! you'll get a chance to chat with lots of people and if your lucky catch some monsters. Have you fished for sturgeon before?

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
i believe the boundaries are from meahans cove (or perry pt) to the hampton bridge and up the hammond as far as the train bridge (or the covered bridge). i added in the "or"`s because i think it`s been a little different over time, but it`s basicly the same area - sturgeon alley and the area around it. they allow you to go to shore to search for bait too.
we missed you at the tourney this weekend past flyakfisher.

·
Registered
428 Posts
i believe the boundaries are from meahans cove (or perry pt) to the hampton bridge and up the hammond as far as the train bridge (or the covered bridge). i added in the "or"`s because i think it`s been a little different over time, but it`s basicly the same area - sturgeon alley and the area around it. they allow you to go to shore to search for bait too.
we missed you at the tourney this weekend past flyakfisher.
I believe those are the boundaries from previous years, but if I remember correctly, last year it was from the tip of Darling's Island to Perry Point and I'm a bit foggy on this part, but I think it was 100 meters into Hammond River. They have a hard enough time getting to all the boats in a timely manner to collect the caught sturgeon, so they probably want everyone to stay close. It helps to prevent cheating as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The boundaries on my ticket say fishing area shall be the kennebecasisriver no lower than perry point and no more than hampton sides darling island no more than 75 meters up the hammond river

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
it sounds like they are tightening up the area. they have seamed to be going a bit smaller the last couple years (probabley as mentioned to cut down wait time from the collector boat), although some people last year were fishing meahans cove and even towards the ferry. they didn`t land any thing but i wonder what would have happened if they did...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just picked up a ticket, have never fished sturgeon before and am excited to try it. does anyone have any advice on what to use or anything I should know. thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is my First year as well in the great hunt watch out for the 8 foot jon boat with the 10 foot Sturg lol anyone ever use SeaWorms??? or smelly Pork??? heard they are good?>

·
Registered
125 Posts
carefull X-rapp i used both to have no results.. If the ppl told you to use that, I would go fishing with them to see if they are using it first seeing is always beleiving.. You cant go wrong with night crawlers....

·
Registered
8 Posts
carefull X-rapp i used both to have no results.. If the ppl told you to use that, I would go fishing with them to see if they are using it first seeing is always beleiving.. You cant go wrong with night crawlers....
Thanks S blair

we didn't spend to much time digging for them this morning got a couple dozen good size seaworms might give it a try heading to shamrock park tonight for a crawler hunt lol everyone seems to be on there side also got my hands on some fresh mac and sardines unsalted and about 2 dozen good sized clams couldn't just leave them there while digging for sea worms lol

good luck hope to see ya at the tourney

1 - 14 of 14 Posts