New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am heading up to the washademoak lake next week. anyone catch sturgeon there? i can only fish from shore. i know they are there because i have seen them jump and washed up. advice?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Come on down. There are great places to fish from shore. Cambridge-Narrows Wharf is always good, Motts Wharf is good, and Colwells Wharf is great. Lots of species to be caught :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i go there once a year, my dad said he used to catch 30 inch pickerel. last year i caught a 16 inch pickerel, a 12 inch bullhead, and a big sunfish, (plus tons of small sunfish).

·
Registered
407 Posts
I caught some 8-12" sunfish all day last sat, as well as 1 huge pickerel and several smaller ones, lots of big white perch and lots of yellow perch as well as a few bullheads. It was some of the best fishing I have seen!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey Black1987;

Where were you fishing from? Were you in a boat or any particular location from shore? Sounds like a good spot to take my wife. I took her to Long Lake in Jolicure this past weekend to fish from the shore around the bridge and we never got so much as a nibble.

Jeff; are these wharfs easy to locate? Probably the local store folks would be able to direct someone to them?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I was fishing from my boat, just along edges at various spots on the lake, just find lilly pads or grass, if u had waders it would help, from shore might be difficult

1 - 12 of 12 Posts