New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
901 - 920 of 927 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
there is many places... Richie wharf, Wilson point, Nelson sector Chatham, Loggieville, Gordons wharf, Red Bank, also under Centenial bridge, and some others...

Fished May 18 and 19... water still very cold... bites was on the slow side... caught some in the Richie wharf area both days... natural colors swim baits 20 to 25 feet depht...

·
Registered
216 Posts
LBZ your exactly right, there are some schools moving around but they very sparse. You can spend the whole day searching for these schools, but they are there. Hopefully a few days of warm weather will change everything and all the schools will start moving in.

·
Registered
216 Posts
We were catching them at centennial bridge for a little bit. Talking to a friend fishing today he told me they were getting them in loggieville which is just down from centennial bridge. I was crossing the Red Bank bridge on Sunday and there were no boats in sight. I believe with the water temperature only being 45-49 that they are still hanging around deeper water until we see the temps go up to around 55+- which could happen anytime. There has been a lot of rain and cooler temps the last couple of weeks but it warms up next week, I hope

·
Registered
21 Posts
decent, no GREAT day of fishing Yesterday. Bites was descent but been outdoor and sunny and 20+ dg that was great! Fished from shore at Strawberry Marsh. Caught a total 8 or so, two keepers.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Brent I had a great time fishing strippers with you and Andrew today. I’m not a big fan of being out-fished, especially in my own boat but it still was a blast.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Ernie: Thanks for a great day! We had a blast. Plenty of laughs and plenty of fish. I'm sure with rest and some professional physiotherapy, in a couple of days our rod arms will be able to move again. Get some sleep, bud. Another big day tomorrow!
laugh.png

·
Registered
216 Posts
Brent now you have to see Johns photos. Lol.
Anyone going for strippers should think about redbank, the strippers are there and I think more are heading up.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Yes, I saw his smiling mug behind that 8 pounder!
laugh.png
Looks like the young'uns had some luck, too! We're getting together for coffee later this week, so I can hear the whole, sad story of what a miserable day he had on the water.
laugh.png
laugh.png
laugh.png
. Well done, buddy.

brent

·
Registered
216 Posts
Today was the last day for me fishing stripers up the Chi until September. Had a blast fishing with my wife. She landed 15 fish while I landed 2. There are still a small handful of fish in Cassilis but there is less everyday.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Ernie: Now I have this image in my head of you and your wife in the boat, with the constant ZZZZZZZ-ing of the reel drag.
laugh.png
laugh.png
Take it easy, bud. You're not a young man any more, you know!
biggrin.png

Glad you had a good season.

brent

·
Registered
216 Posts
Ha ha ha ha that's to funny Brent. My wife go a kick out of it to. I hope to see you, John, and the boys again it was a good time.
Take care
Ernie

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you were taking 2 young boys striper fishing from shore tomorrow, where would you go?

Thanks in advance and I will provide an update after our adventure.

Salmomarc

901 - 920 of 927 Posts