New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guy's. For a couple years, I have always wanted a five weight rod. Looking at our online banking, I can see I have recieved a new rod for Xmas. (Crappy way for the surprise to be ruined)

She must think I never vacume around here because that is were she hid the new rod. A five weight, eight and a half foot long St. Croix. My question is, how big of a fish can this rod handle? I'm only in to salmon and trout fishing. I wanted the rod to fish the Burntland brook as it's easy to fly cast. But, like many anglers, they just can't wait to get out and I will find myself fishing the Mirimachi for sea run trout.

I have a nine weight Orvis wich I've hooked a couple foot long trout on and you could feel the fight, so I know this five weight is going to be amazing.

First of all, just sharing my joy, and second of all, I am a little nervous fishing a river with it...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi guy's. For a couple years, I have always wanted a five weight rod. Looking at our online banking, I can see I have recieved a new rod for Xmas. (Crappy way for the surprise to be ruined)

She must think I never vacume around here because that is were she hid the new rod. A five weight, eight and a half foot long St. Croix. My question is, how big of a fish can this rod handle? I'm only in to salmon and trout fishing. I wanted the rod to fish the Burntland brook as it's easy to fly cast. But, like many anglers, they just can't wait to get out and I will find myself fishing the Mirimachi for sea run trout.

I have a nine weight Orvis wich I've hooked a couple foot long trout on and you could feel the fight, so I know this five weight is going to be amazing.

First of all, just sharing my joy, and second of all, I am a little nervous fishing a river with it...
i dont know but sounds like an amazing rod and on some sites if its the rod i think it is its about 150$-200$!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts