New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody been out Muskie fishing yet? Anybody having any luck out there?

Thanks...Rob.

·
Registered
184 Posts
not yet. fish dont really turn on till the water warms up. that dosnt mean they cant be caught, the norm is to wait untill after they recover from spawning. The high water usually gives them a bit of lock-jaw aswell.

I have a 4 day weekend starting saturday so i'll let you know if i get any action!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Right on, might see you out sometime this season then. I'll be the luckless fool flogging the water with a fly rod in the Fredericton area. Only about 7000 casts to go from my estimates

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hey folks, any luck with the muskies yet in the Fredericton/Oromocto area? I'm thinking of giving it a shot sometime soon. Any advice on the types of places they like to hang out this time of year? (Note I said types of places - not looking for your specific favourite spots).

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I feel the need too get up to Freddy soon. I can't wait to get Muskie/Striper fishing.
I'm getting the bug.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Behind the mall in oromocto. Northside fredericton has a good one at carleton park. check google maps and they wont be hard to find

·
Registered
6 Posts
well I was out last night in the frederction area doing some night trolling for stripers with a bud of mine ( first time) and just as the sun was setting the rod started bouncing and what do ya know we had one of the biggest Muskie I have ever seen the head was about 8 to 9 in across and about 4 feet long. we didnt get it in the boat becouse it wouldent fit in the net lol all I could do was look at this huge fish and then look at the net and say this beast aint going in there lol. so needless to say we are getting a bigger net for next time. I have fished muskie in Ontario a bit but this one was bigger than anything I ever seen cant wait till the next one now.

·
Registered
184 Posts
there sure are monsters out there! Fredericton outfitters sells frabill big game nets i think. they are just awesome. canadian tire has lip grippers for around 20 bucks too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts