New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys. What tactics do you use with the best results for spring cold water Small mouth bass fishing?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Rob for cold water in my opinion nothing beats a suspending jerk bait like a x-rap or a Lucy craft. I usually go with a 5 inch this time of year as most of the food is last years young of the year. My other favorite is a 3.5 inch tube with a 1/4 once jig head black with a blue tail seem like a good choice and you cant get enough Bass Hammer made by smelly jelly on it and if you think you are fishing to slow , slow down even more

·
Registered
68 Posts
Is there anything they won't hit? I was getting them on the pocket flap I cut off my shirt one day.. caught dozens... they seem to take any fly if you give it action.Keswick river is full of the damn things... come and get em... wait til after the trout run and I'll even show you where.. lol

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have best luck with real slow presentations, i like a 4-5 inch senko or tube rigged with just a worm hook and a few split shot ahead of it and just crawl it along the bottom , or if fishing a river just let it drift along the bottom with the line just tight enough to feel a hit, once water warms up a bit my go to is a firetiger rooster tail inline spinner..usually nail the odd big trout on them as well

·
Registered
102 Posts
Wacky rigged senkoes are my favorite mid summer bait but like trout bum said when there hitting good they will eat just about anything but when they are shut down is when they are hard to put in the boat, thats when the wacky rig shines or a tube worked slow on the bottom

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is there anything they won't hit? I was getting them on the pocket flap I cut off my shirt one day.. caught dozens... they seem to take any fly if you give it action.Keswick river is full of the damn things... come and get em... wait til after the trout run and I'll even show you where.. lol
hey trout bum do you mine to tell me where can I fish some bass?

·
Registered
68 Posts
sure CF... I live on the Keswick river just outside Fredericton.. anywhere near the mouth is fabulous for bass after the end of May.. park at the Nags Head parking lot and just start casting along the shore.

·
Registered
8 Posts
sure CF... I live on the Keswick river just outside Fredericton.. anywhere near the mouth is fabulous for bass after the end of May.. park at the Nags Head parking lot and just start casting along the shore.
Isn't the Keswick river flowing into the SJ river on the side of the dam where you are not allowed to fish? But are you allowed to fish the Keswick river?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts