New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to do a day trip up to squirrel falls to check the pools out, but wanna head up before the season opens on June 10th ( think it opens for crown reserve then)

anyone able to comment on snow levels in the woods up in that area? any snow left at all?

Thanks.

·
122 Posts
There is still snow left here and there in the woods up here, but since last week, you can pretty much ''punch'' your way everywhere without any concern.

The heavy precipitations we received 10 days ago really took the snow out in open cross road areas.

Some of the less travelled paths in deeper gullies where mature stands of Spruce/Pine/Fir might still create a problem for you, and there are a couple of places like that where you are going, but I think you should be OK.

A bigger concern than snow right now in the woods are the road washouts. Quite a few roads are barricaded and bridges gone....makes for a lot of detouring or creative driving

Good luck and let me know how you make out. Haven't been passed Heath Steele yet from Bathurst side.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the update, I'll let you know how we make out up there.. I might bring my snowshoes just in case

·
122 Posts
Heading out on Sunday in the Big South Region....should be lotsa snow still way up there. Will take pics if I come accross huge patches.

2 years ago in early June, we had to turn around in one spot, a huge snow drift was still 4ft high and 200ft long right accross the road. I could only imagine how much had drifted in there in peak winter.

This year I think it all melted much faster with the heavy rains.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts