New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Only place i know of that will smoke salmon for you are iaropund st andrews area, nd pretty sure you just buy a salmon from them and they smoke it...Wolfhead smokers by the way makes the best cold smoked salmon ive ever eaten, well worth the price for sure

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well after doing some research about getting a grilse smoked i found out the flowing:

1- don't, your crazy!!
2- don't, it will get ruined!!
3- don't, you won't get enough out of a grilse!!
4- don't, i wouldn't!!
5- don't, but if you do, make sure the guy knows what he's doing, and its not his FIRST time!!

so after taking all that in,, i set out to find someone that knew how and what he was doing,, well i found a couple smokers that my father knew of up around Campbellton. So i thought well what better person to do this than someone who does this at a fishing camp. Off i went to http://www.coldspringcamp.com/ Left the biggest grilse i had a full 24 1/2 inch chrome dome into the hands of a stranger....

without knowing what i was going to get in return,, he said it won't be ready for 3 weeks. i was ok with that, its actually my fathers cousin that was smoking it so i knew i would get it back and from what i read on the site, they know what they are doing, but still i only had 3 grilse this summer and one was to be smoked.

well they delivered, i had 6 nice size packs of smoked salmon, two packs where bigger than the others, i've tasted it, and its awesome, i can't find anything to complain about and i'm picky when it comes to smoke salmon!!

There are others that smoke salmon up around campbellton. Cold Spring Camp only did this for me because of the connection my father had there, he did tell me that he would just sell me chunks instead if i want because a grilse doesn't give a lotta meat, but i was happy with what i got, and i only open up a pack when i have a good crowd around so everyone can have a little taste.

anyway just thought i'd share my smoked salmon story.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts