New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, Im in moncton, and Love smallie Fishing. Im 15 and my friend recently got his lisence so he can drive and that means I have a lot more oppurtunities to get out bass fishing!

I was wondering anywhere in the moncton area where you think is good for bass fishing.

I know of the canaan river and the kennebecasis near hampton area being good and holding some pretty nice fish from past experience.

Any spots on any of those rivers will be nice too, I just want to know any spots close to here that is good for bass according to you guys!

Also if you know anywhere that may be a bit further from moncton but has really good fishing That would be nice too.

Once again, Anything will do Thanks in advance and good luck out on the water this year!

"Fishing is good, Catching is better, The Journey is the best"
-Trenton

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi Trenton any where on the St. John river is great smallie fishing. I Am from the Fredericton area so i do not know much about Moncton area but if you want info we have a few tounament fisherman from that area that would be glad to help piont you in the right direction. Check out our website( the new brunswick sportfishing association) just google it and you will find it.I am sure between these 2 great sites you will get all the advice you can handle

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
I grew up in Richibucto, and as far as I know, there are no places around there with Smallmouth bass. In fact, they aren't even listed in the DNR's fish book for that area.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I grew up in Richibucto, and as far as I know, there are no places around there with Smallmouth bass. In fact, they aren't even listed in the DNR's fish book for that area.
There is bass around moncton. About 30 minutes away in canaan there is and in the petti too near salisbury. Hampton section of kennebecasis also has a nice fishery for bass perch and other species.

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
There is bass around moncton. About 30 minutes away in canaan there is and in the petti too near salisbury. Hampton section of kennebecasis also has a nice fishery for bass perch and other species.
I wasn't aware that there was smallmouth bass near Moncton. Are we to understand that if they are not listed in the fish book for that area that we are not allowed to fish for them?

And, you are right about there being smallies in and around Hampton, however Hampton is not near Moncton.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts