New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know any good shore fishing places anywhere around the saint John or kennebecasis valley area. It dosent mader if it's lake or river as long as it's shore. It also dosent mader what kind of fish I'm fishing.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Does anybody know any good shore fishing places anywhere around the saint John or kennebecasis valley area. It dosent mader if it's lake or river as long as it's shore. It also dosent mader what kind of fish I'm fishing.
Kennebecasis river is shore fishable almost everywhere. A good trout area is near the potash mines. There is a road that runs off the highway right to the river beside the potash mines. I beleive the road is called plumsweep or plumsweep back road, something like that. If you type in plumsweep NB you will see where I mean. Great spot for trout, seen alot of salmon parr,shad and other species aswell!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Kennebacassis is probably one of the best shore fishing.

Here are 2 good thread about this river and where is the C&R section etc...
http://newbrunswickfishing.com/forums/index.php?/topic/78-kennebecasis-question/
http://newbrunswickfishing.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8-kanabakasis-river/

Note: After July 1st it is Fly Fishing only though... So right now you can use worm in most places of the river I think, but you can double check the Guide Fishing book to be sure... Enjoy!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I enjoy shore fishing 1st, 2nd & 3rd Lakes. Along with Hunter & McBrian.

1st Lake contains some very big browns and landlocked salmon. Also, some nice lake/brookies.

Hunter, you can hook in to some good brown, speckled, bullhead & yellow perch.

McBrians: Yellow Perch, nice brown, speckled, bullhead...

etc...

All of these lakes run the same system, containing the same fish. Except, first lake produces Landlocked.

Plenty of spots on each lake (except Hunter Lake, really... all private), to fish for nice big browns.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts