New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has been having any luck from shore around Fredericton? I'll I've caught so far was a few perch! Water is still high and making things tricky, but it looks like the weeds are starting to come in around here!

Also looking for company! I do a lot of shore fishing by myself, but always looking for a fishing buddy! I generally target Muskie, but i usually have the "light" gear for bass/pickerel too, and sometimes sturgeon.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I caught some nice smallies this morning along the st john river. Everyone was in about 6-8 feet of water not far from shore. Have u caught many sturgeon around the fredericton area?

·
Registered
438 Posts
You might wanna hit the lower end of the Naaswaak from the mouth up to Marysville for smallies, you can get some real big ones in there this time of year, i fish it quite often in the mornings before work, it was quite high but i think its gone down a bit now

·
Registered
41 Posts
Naaswaak is a good spot under the bridge on union st caught some nice one there this past weekend using a spinner

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i've fished the S**T out of the lower nashwaak, some of the biggest pickerel i've landed came from that area, great multi-species location with potential of catching sturgeon muskie and stripers close to the mouth. to be honest i have not landed more than a couple bass over 1.5lb there.

I've done a lot of fishing in the area over the last few years and i've found that anywhere there is "artificial" shore there isnt much for fish. with exception maybe to the northside where the crushed rock trail is just upstream of the boat launch.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have Monday and tuesday off this week. will more than likely be pounding the shore if anybody wants to meet up.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it's a lot harder than zipping around in a boat thats for sure! heading down to the aquatic centre around supper time. going to try for sturgeon and cast for muskie while i wait for a hit.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
one nice bass and 2 perch

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
got 3 decent pickerel downtown not far from the aquatic centre today. 19, 20 and 17 inchers! not bad for my first 3 esox of the year. these fish had a LOT of fight in them and were a blast on "light" tackle! took one on a spoon, the second hit a firetiger colored minnow bait and the third fell for an Aglia with a custom skirt i tied.

i tried for muskies for a while with no luck. but still a great way to spend an afternoon!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts