New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm new to the area and looking for some places to go shore fishing. All I have are chest waders. Would love to get into some big pickerel.

Tried a few lakes already 1st, 2nd, 3rd for trout only got perch, tried ritchie for bass/ pickerel no luck at all, and waltons only caught a tiny bass. Was thinking of trying kingston creek but is there anywhere I could wade there?

Any help would be awesome.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
try lily, fisher and mayflower lakes (all in rockwood park) for smallies.. mystery lake can have good pickerel but is heavily fished. the lower Hammond in the tidal section has lots of fish - again heavily fished. blindmans lake now has tons of smallies, mostly small but please fish it and keep all you legally can (this used to be the kids trout lake until someone stocked it with smallies a few years ago - what a waste! they should have killed the lake immediately and then restocked, since it was all stocked trout to begin with - shame dnr! ((if they don't fix things like this what the &^%$ are they paid for???!!)). starting at the end of next week the brown trout bite should start up again - don't expect many but they will be big trout, found anywhere there are not smallies and pickerel in east sj lakes.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
browns are mainly fish eaters, but also take worms and snails, so crank baits like rapalas, spinner and worm, worm and weight, along with flies are your best bets. they will hit in full sunlight but mostly hit from dusk to full dark, especially the bigger ones. if you need a light to see what you caught, it will most likely be a brown...or an eel! most fair size to big bass lures will work for them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice that's all I have.

Now one more question if you don't mind. When it comes to getting down to mystery and blindmans lake where do I park/walk to get down to the water? I already had a bad experience with someone kicking me off their property for standing on the very edge of it changing a lure. Needless to say I don't want to go around getting told this is private property and to get off. Want to be respectful. Anyway it would be nice to get out and give these waters a try.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
mystery is accessed from a trail (not much of one) from the parking lot of mystery lake apt.s, far corner. it's a bit muddy shore. fish the side of deadmans lake from the road side and you should have no problems - look for spots others fish it from.

·
Registered
2 Posts
try lily, fisher and mayflower lakes (all in rockwood park) for smallies.. mystery lake can have good pickerel but is heavily fished. the lower Hammond in the tidal section has lots of fish - again heavily fished. blindmans lake now has tons of smallies, mostly small but please fish it and keep all you legally can (this used to be the kids trout lake until someone stocked it with smallies a few years ago - what a waste! they should have killed the lake immediately and then restocked, since it was all stocked trout to begin with - shame dnr! ((if they don't fix things like this what the &^%$ are they paid for???!!)). starting at the end of next week the brown trout bite should start up again - don't expect many but they will be big trout, found anywhere there are not smallies and pickerel in east sj lakes.
I have just started getting back into fishing, I am fishing for bass and Pickrell I’ll definitely try that lake out thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts