New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there anywhere to buy shad darts locally? i can never find them at walmart or ctire in fredericton. maybe a local person who makes them who wouldnt mind selling a few? Looking for darts that have the skirt in sizes 1/16 - 1/4 oz. thanks

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have not seen any Latly in the Stores either. I would try to get some out NS if I was a Bait Caster.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
a few stores around sj have them, including c. tire and doirons, i didn`t notice what weight they were.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I tie alright Stroover, but usually just give them away and lose them on Snages in the River and the odd ornerary Shad
Ralph has a stash that I seen in his fly shop that would turn a Shad Cross -eyed...with Druel....

·
Registered
260 Posts
Ralph and I were up friday nigth , I hooked 2 but both stipped me down way in my backen , them big hen shad are fun to pick a fight with , No Pictures as both were escapes , I Cursed not getting a pic, It will get better every day Water temp was 16 C. Sunday evening I will get my revenge I hope . too many boats on the river to day for me . 50 would not be out of the Question.

·
Registered
540 Posts
What wt fly rod were you using that they stripped you down to your backing? it must have been a 2 or 3wt with the drag wide open...lol...Back home in NS I have landed some shad in the 10 pound range from time to time and many 8lb and 9 lb fish and have yet to have one take me down that deep....

·
Registered
260 Posts
I was using My Salmon rod 8Wt ,sink tip Line and a Hardy real , I have not seen any shad over 5 lbs . you lucky Bugger that is big shad!

·
Registered
540 Posts
The females down home come in on average close to 7 or 8lbs I would say... males come in at least 2 weeks before the ladies show up and when you see them side by side there is no confusing them..

This is an average sized female for down in the Annapolis River... I know the pic won't do it justice but she is fat in the gut with eggs.. this fish went 7lbs

This is an average sized male

·
Registered
260 Posts
They are niece shad though they do not look to be 8lbs but it is hard to tell in a pic I guess . Fish are like deer they all shrink when they get on a scale. None of the 1 's in the pic below weighted in over 5 lbs Actually the heavyiest is 4 1/2 Ibs I believe. We always heard you guys had very large shad In N.S.

·
Registered
540 Posts
The largest I have seen weighed in was 11 pounds... I didn't land it though..lol...I would say that all the ones above were all males.. just my experience with them, the females come in and are noticeable heavier for sure...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Man those r some nice looking fish....hope to get after some shad real soon!!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Better buy sport on the west side of Saint John has some. Three different sizes too. The record for shad is just over 11 pounds i think i seen a couple on the weekend real close to that in sussex. I wonder if there is a line class record i was using 2 pound test and some were over 8 pound and lost a couple big females over ten for sure.. will see if i can post some pics..

·
Registered
20 Posts
A lot of people hate regulations since regulations always minimize the flexibility of humans. In fact laws are usually like humans who will probably be your friend, foe, guide and also servant. Read this informative article to know the basic principles of legislation. http://www.gclaw.org

·
Registered
20 Posts
Can you or several one you understand have Autism? Maybe you have found answers in your questions? United Regarding Autism can be a Non-Profit Firm providing responses and assist with families managing Autism. There is certainly help, you can find answers, and also autism will be treatable. To find out more about is read on. http://www.autismlaw.org

·
Registered
20 Posts
Regulations Of Interest like almost all Universal Legislation is dependably at the job and dependably provides correctly everything you choose. All items that exist inside our universe are crafted from vitality, or perhaps vibration. Regulations of Interest keeps that streaming effortlessly and beautifully. http://www.prolawteam.org

·
Registered
20 Posts
Most of us never look at the universal regulations that rule our life everyday. However, they may be continually running behind the particular scene, creating the ability in your lifetime. Understanding where did they work and the way to use them in the positive way will make a big difference in your lifetime. http://www.myattorneyatlaw.net

·
Registered
20 Posts
Once you've decided to take into account law education being a career right after completing the graduation you can find two what to be regarded even next. First of most you will need to choose the most suitable field regarding law education so that you can be followed as your career. http://www.lawyerschoice.net

1 - 20 of 32 Posts