New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know much about Seven Mile Lake? As far as going out for paddle? Anywhere to set up a tent around the lake? Any fish in the lake? I fished a lot of the lakes around there and know they have some smallies, landlocked salmon, some trout; is Seven Mile similar? Any info at all is great. Thanks.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Anyone fish this in the last couple yrs? My gf and I are planning a camping trip long weekend this month but are undecided where to go. I would like to try a new lake but I also don't want to waste my time fishing for perch. Just curious if ppl have had good luck there. And if the boat launch is accessible. I'm assuming it's off the talbot rd?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Anyone fish this in the last couple yrs? My gf and I are planning a camping trip long weekend this month but are undecided where to go. I would like to try a new lake but I also don't want to waste my time fishing for perch. Just curious if ppl have had good luck there. And if the boat launch is accessible. I'm assuming it's off the talbot rd?
I've never fished it, but i've kayaked around part of the lake before. You do go in through the talbot road. At the time i drove my 2 wheel drive truck in, but that was 5 or 6 years ago, so i'm not sure of the road condition now.

There is a boat launch area, but it is fairly steep, so depends how good/comfortable you are backing a trailer down. If your boat is small enough to carry a short ways then you're all set.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Ya I have an xterra no worries backing in either... boats 600 lbs so no carrying that. I enjoy fishing new lakes. Always try a few different ones every yr. I never keep fish either it's all spot for me. I also have all the lake charts printed off so I can see the layout of the lake and where the streams flow in and out. Just over all fun exploring.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ya I have an xterra no worries backing in either... boats 600 lbs so no carrying that. I enjoy fishing new lakes. Always try a few different ones every yr. I never keep fish either it's all spot for me. I also have all the lake charts printed off so I can see the layout of the lake and where the streams flow in and out. Just over all fun exploring.
Hey if you do end up getting out there do you mind letting me know how the roads are. I was looking on Google maps and looks like a nice lake just wanna know if I can get to it with a car. I'd real appreciate it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ya at some point if I make it there i can do that.
Tried to fish seven mile lake today going in off seven mile road and there was a gate acrossed the side road that led to the lake. Didn't say no trespassing but I didn't want to chance it. Just thought I'd warn you before you went all that way. Unless there's another road I don't know about

·
Registered
70 Posts
Tried to fish seven mile lake today going in off seven mile road and there was a gate acrossed the side road that led to the lake. Didn't say no trespassing but I didn't want to chance it. Just thought I'd warn you before you went all that way. Unless there's another road I don't know about
There is a small dam at the top end of the lake, that may be the way DNR or whoever maintains it goes in.

·
Registered
106 Posts
That's on very long dirt road that I have a feeling probably is in similar condition to the halls lake road. Don't think I feel like going on that long of a journey in the car unless I hear the fishing is quite good.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ya I might take my bike down for a day and explore around the lakes see the launches and whatnot then I'll know.
If you take a bike you can get pretty close to where seven mile lake and the west musquash reservoir meet. That's where the river/brook runs into the west branch. It's some rough walking, but you could probably catch a few near the inlet or while walking upstream a bit

1 - 17 of 17 Posts