New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi, I was planning on selling flies and putting them in shadow boxes or something but I don't know what kind of flies people are looking for. Any suggestions on flies to tie and sell. Thanks

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi, I was planning on selling flies and putting them in shadow boxes or something but I don't know what kind of flies people are looking for. Any suggestions on flies to tie and sell. Thanks
Rusty Rats, Muddler minnows, elk hair caddis, royal wulff, nymphs, mice, poppers, Adams, wooly bugs Etc. all the classics

·
Registered
395 Posts
I am looking for something more fancy like salmon flies but I don't know what kind.
Hairwings
Undertaker ; Blue Charm ; Cosseboom ; Silver Rat ; Black Ghost ; Ally's Shrimp ; Black Bear Green Butt ; Black Bear Red Butt ; Mickey Finn

Bombers and Bugs
Different style
such as colors for -> Tail and Wing / hackle / body

and don't forget the green machine

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Hairwings
Undertaker ; Blue Charm ; Cosseboom ; Silver Rat ; Black Ghost ; Ally's Shrimp ; Black Bear Green Butt ; Black Bear Red Butt ; Mickey Finn

Bombers and Bugs
Different style
such as colors for -> Tail and Wing / hackle / body

and don't forget the green machine

This is the kind of stuff for shadow boxes

Classic Salmon Flies

·
Registered
111 Posts
I wish you luck its a tough business to crack with little $$ for your efforts and if its framing flies you want to tie than you have to be on your A game with great Maritime Tiers like Dwayne Miller and Damian Welsh selling framed classics at $150 a pop

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm with you LaHaves. There's a lot of competition in that market and the market isn't all that large.
Brendan - you might be better off trying to find an unfilled niche. You've probably seen magazines featuring flies tied so life-like they look real. I haven't seen them around here because classic salmon's are the preferred art, but there might be some demand the "reals" and the market might be wider. People interested in insects might like them. Just an off-the-cuff suggestion, but you get the idea of finding a niche.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts