New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seaworms... Where's a good place to find them? When I was a kid, my uncle would take my cousins and I flounder fishing at Black's Harbour. I would love to take
my own kids flounder fishing, and we always used seaworms. Thing is, I love to beachcomb and I often dig for clams and other critters, but only have ever found little seaworms, nothing like the big nasty monsters we used when we were kids! What kind of beach substrate am I looking for? My uncle was the one who got the bait, and we always had to wait in the car while he dug worms. I think we were in around Maces Bay though. I'm talking over 30 years ago now, hard to recall!

·
Registered
63 Posts
there is a good spot where i get mine in red head saint john only at a certain spot...let me know if this is close for ya and ill send you the details ...... there not that easy to find big ones like you are looking for ...let me know

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you plan on using them right up that day. Put them or take one of them and put it in fresh water. They get bigger or swell up an old guy used to get the small ones down home and drop them in fresh water when they would swell up for him to put them on a hook.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
carefull. i believe you need a license for them starting this year, i don`t know if it`s for commercial harvest or every body.

any dfo out there want to give us an answer on that?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm not dfo but you can dig them for bait there is a lic for worms but its only exploratory...not much interest they go for about 15cents each and they have to be blood worms...sand worms and all outhers are fair game i belive

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
who ever thought we would need a license for worms...!
you think it`s for blood worms only?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Jayson115 its been a while since you posted but I'm just catching up. I'm on Red Head road and would love to know where to find a few seaworms for bait. Hope to hear from you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts