New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a dumb question but i'm curious when the lakes open to fishing for pickerel, perch, bass etc? also when is the St john river open to fishing for sm mouth bass, stripped bass, muskie, etc? I don't find this years fishing guide too useful.

·
Registered
184 Posts
It can get a bit complicated. Assuming you are somewhere in the Saint John River drainage and/or one of the lakes in that area you can consider everything open as of tomorrow - May 1st.

You are going to have to figure out how the guidebook works if you want to know how many (if any) fish you are allowed to keep, what gear restrictions might exist at different places and in different dates in the season, etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I thought. I'm located in fredericton but plan to fish the Saint john river, maquapit lake, grand lake, scotch lake..... thanks for the info

·
Registered
260 Posts
Every thing Goes through there it is like the St John River, flows into grand lake .

·
Registered
227 Posts
You could have fished the river april 15th when it opened and may 1st for lakes

·
Registered
203 Posts
i thought for tidal waters it is basically open year round? i saw guys fishing in fredericton in november and the odd boat a bit after the ice went out this year

·
Registered
227 Posts
yes not sure of the what peice of the river is classified as non tidal water but alrge majority of the st john river is tidal

1 - 9 of 9 Posts