New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fairly new to fishing and was wondering about the rivers...where is good...what bait to use etc....any ideas

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm fairly new to fishing and was wondering about the rivers...where is good...what bait to use etc....any ideas
Hammond river from the CN train bridge down to the kenibacasis is good fishing for salmon, pickerel, smallmouth, brookies ETC. for brookies and salmon i would use a fly or worm (worms are best) for pickerel and smallmouth i like to use chug bugs and weedless rubber minnows, frogs, crayfish ETC. my favorite is a golden spinner with a worm on a hook for salmon and brookies. for smallmouth i like chug bugs and for pickerel i like white rubber ( minnow, frog, crayfish, leech, worm ETC.)

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Hammond river from the CN train bridge down to the kenibacasis is good fishing for salmon, pickerel, smallmouth, brookies ETC. for brookies and salmon i would use a fly or worm (worms are best) for pickerel and smallmouth i like to use chug bugs and weedless rubber minnows, frogs, crayfish ETC. my favorite is a golden spinner with a worm on a hook for salmon and brookies. for smallmouth i like chug bugs and for pickerel i like white rubber ( minnow, frog, crayfish, leech, worm ETC.)
You're not allowed to fish salmon in this part of the province.

From the rule book for the 3 regions in southern NB

Please note - Closed season
No open angling season exists for the following species: Atlantic salmon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts