New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be in Saint John for the day on July 23rd and was wondering if anyone could advise of any good fishing locations/excursions for a fairly novice fisherman. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Any particular species?
Anywhere around Reversing Falls or the lower end of Main St that you can get to the river can be productive. If you go down to the beach below the Reversing Falls Resturaunt about an hour before the tide turns in is good. The end of Main St. I have found to be good on the outbound tide.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anywhere around Reversing Falls or the lower end of Main St that you can get to the river can be productive. If you go down to the beach below the Reversing Falls Resturaunt about an hour before the tide turns in is good. The end of Main St. I have found to be good on the outbound tide.
im also planning a trip there that weekend,,family vacation,,and was wondering myself about trying to find a good spot to take my daughter,,any suggestions Jim on what kind of tackle to use there,,greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
im also planning a trip there that weekend,,family vacation,,and was wondering myself about trying to find a good spot to take my daughter,,any suggestions Jim on what kind of tackle to use there,,greatly appreciated
I use anywhere from 7 foot heavy to 10 foot heavy rods and 30 pound braid and up. From shore I cast mostly 6 inch Storm Swimbaits and 8 - 10 inch crankbaits. In the boat I use 12" to 18" rubber eels and troll them. My daughter caught one once using bait, she put a big chunk of gaspereau on a hook and let it sit for a few minutes and ended up with a nice schoolie. If you are just getting into it, you can use the big rod combos from WalMart, but change the line before you use it. They are around 50 or 60 bucks and will let you know if you want to get serious and spend some money on a setup that will last a while. Be warned, the Walmart setup won't last long but you will get a feel for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts