New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been reading reviews but would like opinions from people around the area that fish the same waters and species i do.

also if anyone has experience making rods or having rods made, what would be a reasonable price to pay to have a z-axis put together from a blank?

·
Registered
64 Posts
ive been reading reviews but would like opinions from people around the area that fish the same waters and species i do.

also if anyone has experience making rods or having rods made, what would be a reasonable price to pay to have a z-axis put together from a blank?
Hey there. I bought a Sage Z-Axis 10 foot 8 line-weight earlier this summer. I'm very pleased with it for salmon fishing on MSW and LittleSW, etc. I consider it a perfect general use rod. The price has also dropped a lot (from $800 down to $600) because apparently Sage just came out with the new Sage ONE rod.

I would give the Z-Axis two thumbs up. But I would also check out the Sage ONE rod before making a purchase. Doak's Website gives it a glowing review... http://www.wwdoak.com/doak.php?index=29.

Tight lines.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, not sure if i'm too late in replying to this post but in my opinion Z-Axis rods are one fo the best ever produced by Sage. It really does all that it is hyped up to do. It will throw, long line beautifully but does very well on short casts as well. I can pull 60 feet out of the water with little effort, the thing is crazy strong. I can honestly say that I have never cast a rod that I like so much. I have been guiding on the cains river for over 10 years and have the opportunity to try some amazing rods. My new Z-axis is still my favorite. If you are still interested in purchasing, try www.reelflyrod.com they are based in Dayton Ohio and are a recommended Sage dealer. you can link to them from Sage's website. Dayton has no sales tax and shipping is included in anything over $300. They even paid the duty. With the canadian dollar exchange I had mine delivered to my door in Moncton for $589. Doaks wanted just over $600 plus taxes plus shipping. It was delivered within 3 business days of ordering.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I second that plug for reelflyrod.com; I have communicated with the owner (Todd Mikesell?) a few times and found him to be friendly and helpful with my purchases. I got free shipping as well by picking the items up in Houlton because U.S. shipping is free on any amount. I'm hearing way too much good stuff about the Z-Axis! Especially because I just got a Sage VXP so my rod buying is over for a while.
Welcome to the forum jjardene!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts