New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I'm curious to know what you use for fishing stripers? I'm looking around for something, though price is a factor. I'm looking for ideas, thoughts, etc.

Thanks!

· Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ipop... I am in Fredericton. I've looked at the various Wal-Marts and Canadian Tires. I checked out the specialty shops as well, and they are moving towards the pricey side of things. I'd rather not hit $300 for the rod and reel alone.

I do like the Ugly Sticks. I have a 6'6" one that I like, and I'd happily pick up one of the 9'. I'm just having difficulty finding an appropriate reel to go with it. I'll do some searching online.

Thanks!

· Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ipop, thanks for all the great info. I've been doing some scanning of that site.

I did see a calypsu beachcomber at Wal-Mart as part of set, but I really didn't like the feel of it for some reason, so I didn't get it, but it's good to know it will get the job done.

I did pick up a 9' ugly stick. It should go nicely with my 6'6" one... and I agree, they are great rods.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.