New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

Was out that way today and decided I would stop for a quick little fish while the girlfriend fed the baby at the picnic tables.
Lots of little fish jumping for flies, brookies maybe? I was looking for some pickerel, as I was told the pickerel fishing there is supposedly good.
No signs of any pickerel at all... What is in that lake for fish that you can target off shore from the park area?

Such a nice looking lake, and those small fish were jumping everywhere. Some were 4-5"s and some were 10" by the looks of them as they flew out of the water haha.

I want to go back and fish Richie lake again, but where is the best spot to fish it, other than in a boat?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
They were probably gaspereau that you saw, there were thousands in there a week ago. The lake has some real good pickerel in it. If you are fishing from shore, try walking along the footpath to the right of the beach, you can work your way down to the first house on the lake and all along that shore is good hunting. I have caught them in there at 28 inches (from a canoe) I fish it quite a bit now using a jon boat.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe they were gaspereau Jim, never thought of that. I walked along to the right of the beach, but not a thing. Maybe it will be better when the weeds come in thicker? What type of lure do you use to catch them in there? anything special?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Ive fish thier caught a 20 inch pickrel last week from shore not bad I guess ! lol

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah that's not bad at all. So walk down the walking trail and fish along there? What were you using for bait SeriousFisher?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I use spinnerbaits, flukes, scumfrogs, grubs, senkos, poppers, all in bright colours. Fishing should get better after the gaspereau leave.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I used Poppers but caught that on a simple worm and Hilldie spinner, also used a red devil spoon with a treble hook on the end worked fine .

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool! I am heading to Saint John tomorrow sometime, I think I might stop back and try again with your pointers!

Such a nice looking lake!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts