New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone Ctach stripers at Rversing Falls if so what would be ideal baits to use? Specificly explained and why, I'd love to battle a striper never had the honour of hooking one I'd love to tomorrow ! Please reply Thanks All !

·
Registered
169 Posts
I use a 5g sinker, about 2 to 3 feet of line and Gaspreau or smelt on the hook, just let it hover in the current and always do well. Thats in a boat below the Pulp Mill.

·
Registered
129 Posts
have anyone been out yet around the falls? last year i went in the middle of june and caught 20 from june to september.....that from fishing from shore

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
i`m still looking for my first striper of the year - too many distractions with other fishing.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Went to nova scotia fishing didn't catch mmuch but 1 schoolie... But some guy said the caught a 41 lbs striper but dunno if its in one of those haring net or on a line so I think they could be in anytime... Seen some big fish jump today in front of us and a big seal few hours before that... It was a show hje jumped a couple time out of the wAter but dunno if he was chasing something...

·
Registered
64 Posts
ive only ever seen pics of ONE of those 40lbers.I think the seals r gettin too thick, i always curse when i see em but funny thing is i usually catch bass when i see em too.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Ive noticed the same thing with Seals, when they are there so are the stripers, im heading down to the falls sometime this week, they have to be running thick right now

·
Registered
129 Posts
yeah the one i saw jump yesterday at first i thought it was a small sturgeon but it was too white.....same here with seals when i see them i know theres bass around.... i say they push the bass toward the shore.....haha

·
Registered
169 Posts
Maybe a Shad or Somthing, ive been fishing stripers for years and have never seen them jump, seen them smash the surface but never seen them jump,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does anyone know if there catching any or if anyone is fishing the falls yet? I'm coming to st john for the weekend and I would like to take another crack at fishing in your area, I usually fish them in N.S and close too the N.s boarder around Sackville area. its still early in the season for where I live, but I'll be in st john for the weekend and haven't heard of any being caught yet. there getting them down N.S where I usually fish them, but like I said its still too early in the season for around my local area and can't wait to hook the first one of the year.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
i've only been out once since breaking my fly rod on that nasty striper...so they are there. it's just hard to fit them in this time of year. anybody catching them yet?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ive never seen 1 actually jump either, roll thrash.I know I'll never forget the first time i saw big schools on the Shubie chasin gasper's.huge bass takin gasper's 3 feet away from me.An awesome sight!Ive seen em finnin too, at least thats what i call it, just the top of the tail, back and dorsal fin out of the water thrashin a bit

·
Registered
129 Posts
yeah i seen bass roll trash and finning often but once in a while youll see one come out of the water....looks like a little torpedo...lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi all:

Was out in the boat this past Monday, trolled all day, bucktails, bombers etc. waiting for tide to change, fished the incoming tide with mackerel, squid and got one huge eel. Lots and lotsof bait on fish finder along with cormorants eating them up. Is anyone catching stripers anywheres.

Ipop, catch anything at the falls yet

Roly

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
i haven`t heard of any landed at the falls yet. mostly due to it`s trout season and everybody is busy chasing them. i`m going to give it a try at least one night this week, assuming it`s not to wet.

·
Registered
129 Posts
anyone catch any yet:? i was in nova scotia last weekend and sunday 2 - 34 inch and 31 inch was caught and little higher up the bay there was a 34 and a 32.....should be around very soon

1 - 20 of 29 Posts