New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tryed fishing at the falls on Sunday. Had no luck. There was a lot of bait fish and birds around,but no stripers.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
this time of year competing with all th bait fish is your major problem. good to hear some were landed.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
They were fishing somewhere in Bellisle, the pics looked like they had some good size to them and he told me one of them was close to 60 pounds, but I didn't see one that big in the pic.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Jim,its nice to know there is some around.Staying around home this weekend to fish some trout.It costs alot to go to N.B. fishing,with the bridge and gas.

·
Registered
129 Posts
yeah i can imagine that its expensive to drive to N-B to fish....im went to N-S last summer to fish and i met a few guys from PEI and i seen them 3-4 times

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just left the falls, lots of shags and gull around, shags were feeding pretty hard on baitfish, no luck with the stripers

·
Registered
169 Posts
Are they even running heavy yet? We dont normally even try for them until mid May, I normally take a boat out to the falls and do well, where is a good place to fish them off shore?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Not sre about the falls, but I was down at the end of Main St today at noon and saw at least half a dozen large fish jump. I'm not sure what kind they were but I didn't think stripers jumped, I thought they did more of a porpoise thing.

·
Registered
129 Posts
yeah some stripers jump but i was there couple of weekends ago and i seen lots of fish jump.....might be few stripers jumping but i think it was mostly salmon... i probly seen like 75 jump that day

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
those were sturgeon jumping.

yup, the stripers are hitting, the shuttle dock was full the other night.

i have landed a few this season, not much time for stripers so far this year. my biggest so far was 37"

1 - 20 of 25 Posts