New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this should be here or in the classifieds, but being in an apartment with limited space and budget i don't have the time/space/money to build and store a shack and i can't see me dropping $300 for a portable.

So my question is are there any people who would consider renting their shack somewhere in the saint john area for a few days this winter so i can get out to do a bit of fishing once we get the ice?

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
i'm sure kmb could help you out, once he has his on the ice...lol! which area are you looking at for fishing? renforth, millidgeville, millidgeville ferry landing, dominion park?
traveling by car? truck?

·
Registered
315 Posts
I don't know if this should be here or in the classifieds, but being in an apartment with limited space and budget i don't have the time/space/money to build and store a shack and i can't see me dropping $300 for a portable.

So my question is are there any people who would consider renting their shack somewhere in the saint john area for a few days this winter so i can get out to do a bit of fishing once we get the ice?
Thats something Ive always thought of doing, Building a couple of cheap shacks to rent out . And by cheap I mean Ice condos LOL... I have a go big or go home philosophy.lol .. Maybe someday If Im a little better off.. I was thinking $25 bucks a day would be fair for a shack that could fish 4 or 5..

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
how many fishers in the shack? how big do you need?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think $25 for a shack to hold 4 or 5 people is reasonable. I would probably only need it for me and one other person, but i could always find someone else who wants to fish. The area doesn't really matter, i can drive to either renforth, millidgeville, dominion park, wherever.
I am flexible on what days you'de need it too. I do shift work so my days off are all over the place

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
sorry dand883 and dogbutch for replying so late, but work has been crazy for the last 2 weeks and it's my only internet source. i'm surprised kissmybass hasn't replied. i was thinking i might put mine up to rent out but i'm reluctant to because of alergies. mine was a 2-3 man 8x8 wioth a wood stove that takes up one corner. i have been using my 2 man portable instead and might rent that out for the day for you. it's perfect for one person, a little tight for 2 but draper and i did it the other night and were fine. heated by the propane light and small heater. i have all the rods and reels needed. pm kmb or me if if this interests either of you.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i also would like to rent a ice shack for a day or two to take my gf and daughters out to try some ice fishing anyone interested please let me know

·
Registered
357 Posts
i also would like to rent a ice shack for a day or two to take my gf and daughters out to try some ice fishing anyone interested please let me know
I have a 6'x9' shack off the Cameron road that's available,It will fish three with comfort with lots more roon for one or two to sit back and relax.We have a propane stove and coffee,tea, etc,even have a small pota-potty if needed.Just e-mail if interested

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a 6'x9' shack off the Cameron road that's available,It will fish three with comfort with lots more roon for one or two to sit back and relax.We have a propane stove and coffee,tea, etc,even have a small pota-potty if needed.Just e-mail if interested

·
Registered
55 Posts
hey Jay,

so how did you guys make out the rest of the night?? hope all was good!! funny after you said you couldn't get the generator going i stopped out around 2am - pulled the cord twice took the choke off and good to go,LOl, I THINK IT WAS FLOODED? - there were alot of smelt comming up right in the hole, I'm heading out saturday if you feel like stopping out, Ps how did your little girl make out, did she get one>Ps bring your own rod

Cheers Dale

·
Registered
55 Posts
hey Jay,

so how did you guys make out the rest of the night?? hope all was good!! funny after you said you couldn't get the generator going i stopped out around 2am - pulled the cord twice took the choke off and good to go,LOl, I THINK IT WAS FLOODED? - there were alot of smelt comming up right in the hole, I'm heading out saturday if you feel like stopping out for a few beer and to drop a line, Ps how did your little girl make out, did she get one>Ps bring your own rod

Cheers Dale

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
Man, the smelt run seems to have died way down! A co-worker and myself went around 9pm at our shack on Cameron and only landed about a douzen between the two of us! Don't know if it was just a bad night or if they're all upriver now?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Man, the smelt run seems to have died way down! A co-worker and myself went around 9pm at our shack on Cameron and only landed about a douzen between the two of us! Don't know if it was just a bad night or if they're all upriver now?
We fished there on thursday, never got a one, had a few bites and that was it, headed down river to renforth and got a few dozen in a couple hours, maybe we are just between runs...hopefully

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
We fished there on thursday, never got a one, had a few bites and that was it, headed down river to renforth and got a few dozen in a couple hours, maybe we are just between runs...hopefully
For a while last week or so, we were getting less smelts, but they were a lot bigger. I'll try this week before we take 'er down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My husband and I just moved from Ontario and are living in the Moncton area. Does anyone know who rents huts? We don't mind driving an hour or two. Also, where are good areas to fish smelt and trout?

thanks

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
trout can be tuff to find for ice fishing, most good spots aren`t open for it. smelt is another story. if some one else doesn`t offer a full size shack i can set you up with a portable or see what i can do to arrange a full size one for you. pickerel and a few other species are also available for ice fishing, and the portable is the best shack for these.

ps: these pickerel are not walleye. these are chain pickerel, similar to pike with white flesh.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts